Honeymoon Discussions

Greece vs. Bora Bora

Hi all!  I know that both places are very different, but my FI and I are trying to decide between Greece and Bora Bora for our honeymoon.  We really want a relaxing and beautiful honeymoon in a beautiful place, but we don't want to feel like we need to spend too much time sight seeing.  So many people have recommended Greece but I'm afraid that going there we might need to do tons of sight seeing.  Has anyone ever been to either place?  Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Greece vs. Bora Bora

• I vote Bora Bora
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MUST DO BORA BORA!!! If you can aford it...DO IT!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We talked about Greece too, but ultimately chose Moorea and Bora Bora!  We figured Greece was more affordable and we could go another time.  We really wouldn't spend the money to go to Bora Bora just for a "vacation".

• I'd love to do both...but if I had to choose, I'd do Bora Bora!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been to French Polynesia many times and have thought about Greece but was turned off a bit by the same reason as you. some of my best friends have been to both places and always revert back to Bora Bora. As others mentioned, it's down to budget, travel time (Greece is actually shorter for you!), and what time of year.

• Another vote for Bora Bora!

I see you'd be coming from New York. We honeymooned in Fiji and decided to break up the long trip getting out there by stopping off in Vegas for a few days. We flew into Vegas and spent a few days there, then rented a car and drove to LA for the 10 hour flight to Fiji. I think Tahiti is 8 hours from LA. I highly suggest flying into Vegas or LA first and staying there for a night or two to help break up the long trip ;)
  • We were in the same boat as you! And we finally decided on Bora Bora for our honeymoon, and then we went to Greece for our 1st Anniversary!

We're really glad with that choice because after the hectic wedding, Bora Bora was just the perfect place to relax and is the ultimate honeymoon spot.

Greece was awesome as well but we did do a lot of sightseeing and less relaxing, so I would probably recommend Greece for your anniversary!
  • Thank you guys SOOO MUCH for your advice!!  It sounds like Bora Bora is it for us!!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards