Texas-Houston

Late morning/early afternoon wedding?

Hey y'all, my fianc and I want to have our wedding on a Saturday but we know its the most expensive... However, I noticed that some places rent out their venues at a cheaper rage if you have it early on in the day. I've never been to a "day" wedding before. Is this uncommon for couples to have their wedding during the day? I was thinking of maybe serving brunch with mimosas and other light drinks if my fianc agrees. Any thoughts? If it is a good idea, can anyone suggest venues? We are trying to keep costs somewhat low and we'd like to have it in October of 2013. Thanks ladies!

Re: Late morning/early afternoon wedding?

• I've been to a couple of day weddings. They were fun! It can be cheaper if you have it at snacktime rather than mealtime, also people aren't inclined to drink as much during the day.
  • Thanks ladies for all of your advice!!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_late-morningearly-afternoon-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:d16aded3-16f1-4413-b34e-ad7fe67e3d04Post:34c47691-9959-4b91-81b2-debc6fec3d26">Late morning/early afternoon wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey y'all, my fianc and I want to have our wedding on a Saturday but we know its the most expensive... However, I noticed that some places rent out their venues at a cheaper rage if you have it early on in the day. I've never been to a "day" wedding before. Is this uncommon for couples to have their wedding during the day? I was thinking of maybe serving brunch with mimosas and other light drinks if my fianc agrees. Any thoughts? If it is a good idea, can anyone suggest venues? We are trying to keep costs somewhat low and we'd like to have it in October of 2013. Thanks ladies!
    Posted by nmengle18[/QUOTE]

If you are willing to do a Sunday afternoon, the price is fantastic at George Ranch Historical Park: $3,999 (price based on 100 guests)

<em><font face="AGaramondPro-Italic"><p align="left">Package includes a ceremony in our beautiful Tree House Garden amidst green grass, flowers and 200 year old Texas sized oak</p><p align="left">trees. Following your ceremony, enjoy vittles and dancing in our 1930’s spruced-up barn. Includes rehearsal, tables, chairs, your</p><p>choice of our stocked linen tablecloths, set-up, tear-down and staffing.</p></font></em><font face="ACaslonPro-Regular" size="5" color="#a40234"><font face="ACaslonPro-Regular" size="5" color="#a40234"><font face="ACaslonPro-Regular" size="5" color="#a40234"><p>Sunday Afternoon Garden Wedding with Lite Fare</p></font></font></font><em><font face="AGaramondPro-Italic"><em><font face="BickhamScriptPro-Regular" size="7" color="#a40234"><font face="BickhamScriptPro-Regular" size="7" color="#a40234"><font face="BickhamScriptPro-Regular" size="7" color="#a40234">Sandwiches (select two)
    <font face="AGaramondPro-Regular"><font color="#000000">• Chicken Salad</font></font><font face="AGaramondPro-Regular"> <p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Tuna Salad</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Pulled Pork</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Turkey</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Ham
    </font>Sides (select two)</p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Potato Salad</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Cole Slaw</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Three Bean Salad</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Macaroni Salad</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Macaroni and Cheese</font></p><p align="left">Breads (select two)
    <font color="#000000">• Loaded potatoes and tossed salad with choice of dressing</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Pulled Pork OR Chopped Beef OR Chopped Chicken</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Includes butter, cheese, sour cream, and chives</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Includes butter, cheese, sour cream, and chives</font></p><p align="left">Chips (select one)
    <font color="#000000">• Home Made</font></p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">• Assorted Individual Bags</font></p></font><em><font face="AGaramondPro-Italic"><p align="left">Includes Iced Tea or Lemonade</p></font></em><font face="AGaramondPro-Regular"><p align="left">• Rehearsal</p><p align="left">• Tables, Chairs, Choice of our Stocked Linen Tablecloths</p><p align="left">• Set-up, Tear-down, and Staffing</p><p align="left">• Disposable Ware and Disposable Cake Service</p></font><em><font face="AGaramondPro-Italic">Please note: Bar service is not included in this package.

<strong><font face="AGaramondPro-Bold" size="5"></font></strong><strong><font face="AGaramondPro-Bold" size="5"><font face="AGaramondPro-Bold" size="5"><p align="left">George Ranch Historical Park</p></font></font></strong><font face="AGaramondPro-Regular" size="5"><font face="AGaramondPro-Regular" size="5"><p align="left">10215 FM 762 Road</p><p align="left">Richmond, TX 77469</p><p align="left">(281) 343-0218</p><p><a href="http://www.georgeranch.org/rentals" rel="nofollow">www.georgeranch.org/rentals</a></p></font></font></font></em></font></font></font></em></font></em>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards