Illinois-Chicago

Venue for 50-60 people

So i was looking for any suggestions for a smaller venue for about 50-60 people for next year.  Almost all of the banquet halls that i contacted had a minimum of at least a 100 people or a 10k requirement! It would be a saturday evening event!
thank you

Re: Venue for 50-60 people

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out nice restaurants. Many of them have separate sections or rooms for this purpose.
  • edited December 2011
    Not a full service venue, but check out Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook. We were married there and it was gorgeous. They have several rooms to choose from. You can have ceremony and reception there, and you can bring in your own catering and bar to further control your costs, but won't have to rent tables and chairs  as they provide them.
    Make sure you ask about additional insurances they require, that was the only bummer about the place.
    Good Luck!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My son and his FI want a wedding with less than 100 people and wanted to spend under $100 per person, yet have it in the city. They researched a lot of venues. It was difficult to find.  However, they found Quartino Restaurant on North State, which has great food and was very budget friendly.  They are also having a Saturday wedding.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend looking at restaurants. We're having ours at Mrs. Murphy and Son's Irish Bistro.  They can seat 70 people in one of their rooms upstairs and have no minimum, but a $400 room change.  I highly recommend them - their food is great and everyone is very friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    A New Leaf - we are having a Saturday evening wedding there.  And I would second Quartino.  I am having my rehearsal dinner there!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Bespoke Cuisine? They are a caterer but also have a small event space that looks really pretty. http://www.bespokecuisine.com/private-event-space/index.php
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a smaller wedding at The Clubhouse in Oakbrook about a year ago.  The food was yummy, the service impeccable, and my friend said the minimum wasn't that bad.  She said she worked with their catering manager named Renee.  Plus, they have a lot of rooms to choose from. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the great suggestions!  Originally I wanted to stay away from the restaurant (I did not want it to be too similar to rehersal dinner) but with my limited options, I may just have to give up this wish!
    I am glad that you brought up some of the places that I have never heard of before!
    thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants have private rooms or event packages -- friends of mine had a 50 person wedding at Nacional 27, after dinner the restaurant becomes a salsa club and that was their dance floor.  We also looked at Carnival and Rosebud.  Some of the places in Greektown have rooms and very affordable family style menus (Parthenon comes to mind, I did a school event there).  And I'm sure a lot of smaller restaurants would be happy to give you a quote for a buy-out, even if they don't advertise for private events. 

I don't think it will feel like a rehearsal dinner, this is a pretty common solution for smaller weddings. 
  • edited December 2011
    North Pond is really nice and holds under 100.
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards