Alabama

Caterer Issues!!!

Hey guys!  So I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through these issues...I have my wedding planned out for March...at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens.  I have already booked the venue and the reception site and paid all of the deposits and everything.  I had basically planned the entire thing down to the menu, price, linens, colors, etc...We had our tasting a few weeks ago and it went HORRIBLE!!!  She forgot she had even told us to come at that day and time and she was busy setting up another wedding when we arrived.  The food we sampled was not even the menu that we had discussed from our last meeting (it was food for the wedding she was catering that night)!  It was okay, but it was definetely not worth the thousands that we were being charged.  I left the tasting very sad and upset because all the other venues and reception sites I had looked at were way more expensive and out of our budget range.  Even if I found a place that was open that same date, it would be replanning of the ENTIRE reception again!  So now I'm left to either change my wedding date or go WAY out of my budget for my wedding!  *The reception site I have currently booked is contracted out and the catering and everything has to be done by that company*  So I'm in a bind...on top of that my fiance and I just finished building our dream house and are moving in shortly...so I'm extremely busy with that.  Does anyone have any suggestions???

HELPPP!

Re: Caterer Issues!!!

• edited December 2011
    First, breathe.  There is no need to get too stressed about things like this that WILL come up during the wedding planning process.  You have to roll with the punches or you will go insane.

Second, there's a chance that she forgot to put you on her calendar.  In her haste, she just handed you food from the wedding she was working on.  How was she supposed to come up with food from the menu you discussed on a few seconds' notice?  Call her and tell her the the first "tasting" was really not a true tasting because you didn't even get to try your menu.  Have her reschedule you for a tasting with items from YOUR menu.

Third, CONFIRM CONFIRM CONFIRM.  Never assume that vendors know you're coming, even if you have an appointment.  Always call them a week or even a day before hand to make sure they have not accidentally overbooked themselves, and that they are still expecting you.  It could save you from this problem in the future.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree Dont start changing things around becuase of one bad event and I am not being mean about it talk to your cater and tell them you want another tasting then if that doesnt go well then you can start talking about other options. 
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, will do!  Thank you guys!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards