Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

About to start my florist search

I'm trying to decide what I need flowers for my New Orleans Board of Trade wedding.  Can you let me know if I'm forgetting anything?

Bridal bouquet
Briday party bouquet (6)
Flower girl
Groom+Groomsmen (6)
Ring bearer
large arrangement for ceremony

Do I need to have arrangements at every table?  We're having a buffet style reception and am planning to have several large tables and some high boys as well.

TIA

Re: About to start my florist search

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We also had corsages and boutonnieres for the family.  We didn't have flowers on any tables but used candles instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd do table arrangements. They don't need to be big to make an impression. Mirrors with votive candles can make it look busier/more expensive too without requiring a ton of (expensive) flowers.

What about flowers for family members? My mom and the grandmothers would be upset if they didn't get a special "status" flower to wear...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding where grandparents and parents weren't honored with flowers.   The boutonnieres and corsages we chose were 10.00 each if that gives you an idea of what the extra cost will be. 
  • Options
    nola111211nola111211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend was married at BOT, talk with former BOT brides and if you have a planner, have her give you her input based on her experience there.

I helped my friend plan her 2009 wedding as her MOH and the high ceilings called for some tall florals and lots of candlelighting in the courtyard and for the tables...

Good luck, it's a beautiful venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards