Getting in Shape
Options

Cat is away... Questions

Its Friday and the boss left.... Question time!

What are your weekend plans? Anything fitness related or taking it easy?

Do you have a work out partner or are you doing it solo?

What is your favorite non fitness activity?

If you could vacation one place in the world for free where would you go and who would you take?

After the carnival b.s. going on, will you cruise again or ever cruise period?

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

Re: Cat is away... Questions

• Options

Weekend plans are to make up the exercising I missed with my mom being sick and plan my meals for next week. 3 inches down and loving it... NEED MORE OFF!!

I do not have a work out partner as the company I work for is all males. I would love someone to work out with but I don't know a lot of people.

Favorite non fitness activity is watching movies at home with Fi... We snuggle on the couch and watch everything.

I would take my mom and Fi to Italy for free... .My mom is my best friend and I want her to see Italy as it is her dream before she doesn't have the chance. Fi would come because I do not do with with airplane rides and I need my "entertain me before I kill someone because I'm cooped up and cant move buddy".

I went on my first cruise in 11 on Carnival Valor and took another in 12 when Issac hit... I was stuck in the middle of Issac. We left Dominican Republic 15 hours before Issac hit and were stuck at sea for 2 extra days and I still NEVER want to take any other vacay than a cruise. I LOVE CRUISING!!! Best feeling ever losing track of time, discounted merch and amazing food. I hate vacationing any other way

• Options

Lia,

Conoeing sounds super fun... I am scared of gators so I avoid any non swimming pool activites. It sounds awesome. Good luck with resting... I dont remember a day on here where you havent worked out so I hope you can relax a little and do fun work outs!! Good luck

• Options
    Nothing major...going out to dinner with friends tonight, working out tomorrow & sunday, probably going to see some more houses & put more offers in this weekend...hoping to square away my taxes (all uber exciting stuff, right?)

I'm normally solo. I try to convince my DH to come when he's free and he does about 80% of the time.

BOARD GAMES! DH and I are obsessed. When we lived on the other side of the state we hosted a game night every single weekend and it was such a blast. I miss it a lot, but our friends on this side of the state A.) don't have as much free time and B.) aren't as in to games.

If you could vacation one place in the world for free where would you go and who would you take? 
    I would really really really like to see Italy & Greece - and I would take DH because he's never been out of the country (Canada doesn't count for Michiganders). For our first out of country vacation we would probably end up going to the UK because of his heritage (I've already been there)

Can you explain? I Am out of the loop on this one. Never been on a cruise but I wouldn't mind going on one.
  • Options
    We are meeting with an officiant tomorrow.  This is the last really important vendor that we need to book, so I hope we like her!  Going for a run tonight and tomorrow, weight lifting on Sunday.

Solo this weekend.  But I've made friends with a girl at my gym so we sometimes see each other lifting and in the summer we run together.

Sleeping or reading. 

A huge trip around Europe making sure to hit France, Italy, Greece, Germany and England.  I've been to England and Greece, but the other places would all be new to me.  I would take FI, even though he probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I would.  I love art and would want to spend a lot of time in museums. My bach degree is in History of Art.

I have never been on a cruise before and I'm not super interested in going on one.  I like to be able to set my own plans for the day and I just feel like being stuck on a boat would drive me crazy.  Plus I am not a big fan of huge crowds and I think being in such close quarters with so many people would bother me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lia, I will take you up on that!!! We go maybe once a quarter so if im around, I will hit you up while Fi goes golfing!!

Heather, I felt the exact same way!! But you really do not notice other people around that much. Fi and I are laid back, bar people and we never felt crowded or anything... Its fun!

Entro, What is your fav? I love monopoly!!!

• Options
    @LIatris & Nike - We actually have an entire closet full of games. I have so many favorites it's hard to pick, but the games that tend to get played the most because WE like them a lot or because our GUESTS like them a lot are:

-Settlers of Catan (this is an award winning game that is totally worth checking out if you've never heard of it)
    -Carcassone (city building type of game)
    -Cards Against Humanity (It's like Apples to Apples for a$$holes)
    -Ascension (deck building game similar to Magic but way better)
    -Phase 10 (Sort of reminds me of Uno but a bit more complex)

I actually HATE trivial pursuit because I feel like there's no strategy at all in it and it's all just dumb luck on whether you actually know the answer to the question (hint: I rarely know the answer lol). I'm also not a fan of Monopoly because it's so hard to get all the way through the entire game (most of the games we play take maximum 1 hour, usually only 45 minutes)
  • Options
    Entro,
    Fi has a drinking problem... He has to stop on Sunday night. We made phase 1 into a drinking game....

• Options
    Our first dance lesson is tonight, and I'm working tomorrow. Sunday I'll take my parents out to dinner- dinner on me is their Christmas gift (and the answer for what you get people who have everything), and I have Monday off and am getting a mani/pedi so I'll stop being embarrassed at Pilates. Plus, it's awesome.

Less and less solo workouts for me. I occassionally play raquetball with the Mister, and recently a friend joined my gym and we mostly workout together. I didn't think I would like having a friend working out with me (I judge people who spend their time on the treadmills/ellipticals talking incessently), but we basically catch up while stretching and then put our headphones on. I like seeing a familiar face at the gym though.

Reading and sleeping. I read constantly during the week, and nap as much as possible on the weekends! LovelyHeather- what are some of your favorite books?

Italy, and all things italian. Rome, Venice... I want to be surrounded by the architecture and art! I would take my mister.  I would also love to go to Sweden, since mister looks off-the-boat Swedish and ppl would come up to him thinking he was native when he lived there for a summer. That would be hilarious.

Yes! but not a Carnival cruise. I've been on a few cruises and have had a blast. Mister hates the idea of a cruise. I've been trying to convince him that it depends on the cruise but this mess isn't helping!

This was fun! I'm long-winded :-)
  • Options
    Entro- We're big game people too! 'Cards Against Humanity' is on our registry. I had no idea what it was, but now I really hope we get it! I know what that says about me!
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Yay questions!

Working out every day, but probably not great eating due to friend's shower and stress.  Just got hit with a 600 pending vet bill for my poor pup, so whatever we do will have to cost us NO money.  This after a second bad day in a row at work, and fight with H last night.  Can I get a break please?

Bit of both.  Probably one workout with H, and two by myself.

Um...Eating? :) Baking for real, though.

Africa.  It's the top of my list.  I would go with anyone or no one.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes.  Every mode of transport always has a chance of failing, so it's not worth staying at home to me.  And I really enjoy cruising, though I will never take Carnival anyway simply because I like quality and good food.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    She has to have a cracked tooth removed because it's getting infected :(

H and I are just trying to remember that we're glad they found it now rather than later.  We're also trying to remember to just be thankful that even if we have to pull the money out of savings, at least we don't have to make 'dinner vs. procedure' type of decisions.  C'est la vie.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Natalie I mostly read fiction.  I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, A Discovery of Witches, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, His Dark Materials trilogy...really I will give just about any book a try.  Reading is my escape from reality. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    firewaterxfirewaterx member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    I'm trying to be more active on this board so i am accountable so I figured I'd pipe in : Plans : I have graduate classes all day today and then am going out for my friends 30th ! Trying to stay good with food all day so I have some calories left for cocktails . Tomorrow is my ffil's birthday so were having dinner . Going to try and workout in the am ! U I have a gazillion workout buddies because I train jujitsu and sparring /boxing : I also train for runs with my fsil and a few girlfriends : The vacation I would love to go to bora bora or Bali and take fi but I also want to go to Greece and Croatia and Hawaii and Spain ... And take all my friends and maybe my family ... Lol I can't remember the last question!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh ! Nonfitness activity : Reading / dancing / singing/ paintingdrawing/ wine ! Cruise question I have never been on a cruise but I would definitely still give it a try
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're still going on carnival for our honeymoon :-) not gonna stop me! What ever happens will happen!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards