South Carolina-Charleston

Flowers and decorations

I'm kind of torn on what to do as far as flowers and decorations for my reception...I'm an APril 9th, bride to be, wedding is going to be on the beach but with no decorations, we are saving everything for our reception, which is in my best friends back yard, and we are all cooking our own food. (I'm sorry, we don't have the most money in the world for a fancy and formal reception).

Would flowers and decorating the tables and stuff we plan to rent be appropriate? I just can't decide, and my fiance would like to, but since it's just us planning this...we don't have any real direction or guidance on anything. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. THanks:)
Marrying my best friend and soulmate 4/9/11:)

Re: Flowers and decorations

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary but if you want to do it and keep it simple maybe do some mason jars on the tables with mixed flowers from the grocery store.

You don't have to apologize for your reception style, lots of people have had nice weddings on a budget. In fact go to budget brides board I'm sure they'll have suggestions.

Just make sure whatever you do your guests are comfortable. Good Luck,you can have fun with this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing a budget wedding with our ceremony in the garden at the Confederate Home on Broad St. I bought blue mason jars off ebay and I'm going to tie ribbon around the top to hang them from the aisle chairs.  And I think I'm just going to put bunches of baby's breath in the jars.  I've seen some really nice arrangements with just baby's breath and it is very light and delicate looking, I really like it.  Or if you know someone who happens to have a hydrangea plant in their yard, you could put hydrangea in mason jars and that would be really pretty too.  Some people do just a few bud vases of different sizes with colorful flowers.  I'd say pick one type of vase (whether it be all mason jars of different sizes, all white milk glass of different sizes, ect) and then pick your fave flowers.  Simple can really go a long way I think, and you are going to be the only one who knows how much anything costs. HTH!  (And my wedding is the day after yours!)
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh and keep in mind that you can re-sell things like vases/jars after your wedding to recoup some costs!  That's what I plan on doing with my mason jars!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards