Maryland-Baltimore
Options

DJ question

How soon should we reserve a DJ? my wedding is July 23, 2011. Should I do it now or if I wait until January or February will it be too late? Also if you have or had an amazing DJ please share :-)

Thanks,
Sue

Re: DJ question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a June 2011 bride, and I reserved my DJ last week.  As far as I am concerned, there is no such thing as too early! The more I get done now, the less I will have to do during crunch time.

Oh, and I am using DJ Tom Gavin's DJ Delights.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really up to you when you want to book.  Just make sure that's who you want to use, and you have your venue/date set first.  We are using Absolute Entertainment and they are really good. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the feedback :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's never too early! Smile We're not getting married til Aug 2011 and we''ve already booked our DJ. We booked with The Pros. Our DJ is fun! If you are interested in checking them out, go to their website and check out one of their showcases. We booked Edward.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else.  It's never too early.  We used Jason Wallace at Absolute Entertainment.  He's fabulous!!  Such a nice guy and a great DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies :-) u all make great sense!
  • Options
    akraussakrauss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Sept 2011 bride and I just signed the contract and paid the deposit with our DJ.  We are getting married 9.10.11 though and I wanted to make sure we got the DJ we wanted.  We are using The Solution Entertainment (thesolutionrocks.com), Mike Needer is the owner and he is very professional and a great entertainer, he has lights and has been doing weddings for 10 years!  You should def check him out, let him know Ashley Krauss referred you and Im sure he would be able to work out a friend of a friend deal!  Let me know!  =)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used MyDeeJay.com and couldn't be happier.  Any song they didn't already have in their catalogue that we wanted was obtained free of charge to us (we have kind of eclectic tastes).

A general rule for all vendors is the sooner you book, the better!  Pricing is always increasing, so booking early often helps you to lock in a lower price rate. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked mine. Orlando entertainment. We will have Rusty, as David is unavailable.  The sooner you book the better choices you have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies :-)  I will make sure to check out the recommedations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards