Florida-North Florida

Vendor Reviews

If you need contact info please email me at : Disney101910@yahoo.com

Ceremony & Reception : Embassy Suites Jacksonville  This was the first place we went to go see. My family has always stayed in Embassy Suites and we love the chain.  Katy who is the Catering Manager was a doll to work with!! She was super sweet and was always able to accommodate and if she couldn’t she always had suggestions. My only complaints are on the day of the Wedding we were rushed out of the room because of the timeing. I had my triplet nieces come out right before me holding a sign warning my husband this was his last chance to run she’s right behind us … but I watched everything from the top floor and wasn’t RIGHT behind them. There was a bit of a gap. We were still trying to get my dress on and my Mom was sick in the bathroom with my Matron of Honor and Katy was knocking on the bathroom door telling her she needed to go. But other then that everything was nice.  The night of the Wedding we stayed at the hotel (my husband and I) and the hotel that I used to work at which was nowhere near  as nice as this one, offered champagne and strawberries to the bride and groom on the night of their wedding.. Embassy Suites did not. Again not a HUGE deal but I figured they would.

DJ: ABC DJ’s  We had quite an experience with DJ’s. The DJ that the hotel recommended turned out to be a real UNPROFESSIONAL dirtbag. Although we wound up firing him, I did promise that I would let all the girls know who he is so they do not make the same mistake.  His name is Scott Murphy or Davis Scott Murphy and his company is The Party Express .. again DO NOT USE HIM !! He was very unprofessional.. caused a lot of problems and even bashed me and threatened me.. IN FRONT OF ALL OTHER BRIDES ON THIS FORUM! Good businessman right? I have spoken to a few people who have come across him and had nothing nice to say which made me feel good.  But anyways.. back to the GOOD DJ.. Bobby from ABC DJ’s was recommended by our Officiant and what a love he is! What a sweet man to work with. I knew he was going to be a great fit and he definatley was. Bobby and his family were so sweet to us always. He played all the music I wanted and even had my Dad going nuts with excitement when he was playing the olides! Towards the end of the night the only people left on the dance floor was the Wedding Party .. everyone had went home. Bobby played and took all our special requests as we danced and sang the night away.

Officiant: Clergy Wedding Services Rev. Craig Grandstaff Sr. Craig was used by another bride on here that I came across. He was the first person we spoke with/met. We clicked and loved Craig right away. He was very sweet all the time and always helped and had answers and suggestions. He recommended our amazing DJ to us. 

Photographer : Amber Hoadley  Amber did our Engagement pictures as well as our Wedding. She was so wonderful, I highly recommend her. She made us feel very comfortable and her work is absolutely amazing. I am waiting for the rest of my pictures .. just a little upset that it’s going to take 10 weeks to get them but she did give me a few sneak peaks. 

Flowers : Bold Blooms Valerie was so sweet. Her pricing was wonderfull. I don’t know much about flowers nor care much. We only got boutiniers, boquets and a corsage for my Mom. The florist that we first spoke with quoted me about $600 for all of that and at Bold Blooms I spent under $300. I had pictured my boquet being bigger then it was but that is not a huge deal. The boutiniers were falling apart by the end of the ceremony but we did survive!

Cake : Publix on Southside I was SO scared that my cake was going to be messed up. I had heard mixed reviews about Publix. First of all they charged $30 to deliver the cake up the block. The cake we got was not so much the cake I asked for as far as the design. The bottom had chocolate pudding and the top had canoli cream filling which I don’t even think it tasted that way. The cake to me definatley tasted and looked like a cheap cake although everyone seemed to be okay with it.  

Dress : Davids Bridal at the Avenues I got my dress I believe in February. My Mom kept bugging me about going to check out the $99 sale and I am so glad we did ! The original dress that I wanted was a Cinderella gown.  One of my bridesmaids told me that I should take pictures of myself in the dresses that I tried on because I would look different then what I picture myself looking. Boy was she right. I tried on a few that were .. ehh okay. Then my Mom asked the girl to bring out one of the $99 dresses.. the first one I tried on I fell in love with and bought. It was GORGEOUS! Ladies, seriously GO CHECK OUT THAT SALE! You never know what you may find. 

Makeup: Nicole Wiley  = My brother is a rapper here in Jacksonville and shot a music video in July. Nicole and her friend did the hair for the shoot and she did a great job. I requested her on facebook after the shoot and we’ve talked since then! She had done a Wedding for someone else I know and I loved her work. Someone in my family who lives in Indiana did everyone’s hair but Nicole did the makeup and she did a great job. Since we got married on Halloween I wanted everyone to have gray smokey eye makeup. We all looked beautiful. I highly recommend Nicole.
http://www.facebook.com/hairstylesbynicole

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards