Moms and Maids
Options

Retread....spam issue

I'm not sure how this works, but there is a spammer on the Attire and Accessories board that is starting to schmuck up the works over there.

I have seen on other boards that there is a difference between "reporting" and banning, so I just wanted to give a head's up.  Here is the "newbie".....

Joined on 
01-17-2013
LOS ANGELES

Re: Retread....spam issue

• Options
    Hi mobkaz - Retread and Hoboken, on Chit Chat, have requested that we not hit the report button on vendors. That results in the post getting automatically deleted. They would like to be paged so they can ban the spammers.

• Options
    Thank you, Marie.  No worries on me hitting any report button, as I have no clue where to find that.  Insofar as "paging" is concerned.....I guess I thought starting this post was, perhaps, a page?  If not, perhaps you could educate me?  

I highly doubt I would get into the habit of paging anyone, as I am far from a "regular".  However, not long ago on the "Illinois" board, someone literally spammed it with hundreds of identical, inane posts.  It was frustrating to see it continue, and nearly eradicated the entire board.  This "A & A" spammer that I spied seemed eerily familiar, and I didn't want to see that happen again.  This website has enough glitches and problems as it is!
  • Options
    The report abuse button is under your screen name. It comes in handy if someone is being abusive on a board with an absentee moderator. Best bet  is to try the moderator first. If that doens't work, report.

Some of the moderators are on a mission to ban the spammers. Most of them probably just create new accounts, once they are banned, but I'm hoping they'll get frustrated and give up, eventually. It really does disrupt things.

• Options
    So....to clarify....is this how I would "page" someone?  I just start a new thread with the name of a moderator?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards