Florida-South Florida

Venue advice

Ok so I have only looked at 2 venues since I have started planning. The first one we didn't like but the 2nd one we loved. The second I saw it I knew I it was it. Eventhough we love it should we still look at other venues before booking it?

Re: Venue advice

• If you find something you love and can get the date you want.... Why wait? I cant find a venue I love so I have no date. Dont worry soo much about details. If you find what you love, Dont wait because someone else will get it.

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• edited October 2012
    Which is the venue you live? Just curious to know : Does this venue you love have all the expectations you were looking for and fit into your budget? If so, then you can ask the coordinator if you can place your date on hold. Most places allow this for a certain time period with no fee associated. Once it's on hold you can look at the remaining venues you wanted to see and the make your decision.
  • It's the Spanish River Library in Boca. It fits our budet and is gorgeous and is unique. There were only 2 things that I didn't like. One,  was that the events coordinater is there on the big day. Two, there are two different venue sites, there is a rooftop terrace perfect for the ceremony and/or cocktail hour and then there is the lakeside patio which can be the ceremony and/or reception site. My problem with that is, is that both sites are separate rental fees, which are afforable,  we were only planning on getting the lakeside patio and skipping the cocktail hour, but if we did that right after the ceremony our guests would have to stand and wait while the to custodians move the chair from the ceremony to the recption tables. But the venue is gorgeous. I'm torn
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:f78b5edd-32a9-46b9-ae96-97718b931e49Post:133686f8-74ec-4d42-b423-93577fab970c">Re: Venue advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's the Spanish River Library in Boca. It fits our budet and is gorgeous and is unique. There were only 2 things that I didn't like. One,  was that the events coordinater is there on the big day. Two, there are two different venue sites, there is a rooftop terrace perfect for the ceremony and/or cocktail hour and then there is the lakeside patio which can be the ceremony and/or reception site. My problem with that is, is that both sites are separate rental fees, which are afforable,  we were only planning on getting the lakeside patio and skipping the cocktail hour, but if we did that right after the ceremony our guests would have to stand and wait while the to custodians move the chair from the ceremony to the recption tables. But the venue is gorgeous. I'm torn
    Posted by mrsmoore18[/QUOTE]
     I love the rooftop and yes, it's a unique venue! No sure how many guests you will be expecting but if renting both sites is within your budget then go for it. Howevere, if it's not then ask the coordinator if there is any area you can use for the cocktail hour. <div>
    </div><div>The only thing I don't understand is about the coordinator. Is she there only for the wedding or not? I'm guessing you meant you would need to hire another coordinator. If so, there are some affordable coordinator which won't break the bank. Check out Just Chic Weddings and Events, let them know Dania sent you :)</div>
  • it's beautiful!! I love the Lakeside Patio and it looks like there is planty of space to have a cocktail hour and reception, depending on your guest list...I agree with Madam. D- ask if you can hold the date and then decide.  If they have YOUR date available I would act fast...the venues here fill up quickly!! Good luck and keep us posted.
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Madamoiselle D- the event coordinator for SPanish River is not there the day of the wedding. Thank you everyone else for the advice. It's such a big decison,  I think I'm just a little nervous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards