Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Yet another wording check request

I would greatly appreciate it if some of you would double check our wording. I don't trust most of the suggestions on invitation websites. We are having a very small, casual day wedding.

Bride Middle Last
and 
Groom Middle Last
request the pleasure of your company
as they are united in marriage

Saturday, the 22nd of September
two thousand twelve
at half after twelve o'clock

Wedding Location Name
Address
City, State

Reception to follow

My biggest confusion involves the date and time wording and the inclusion of location address. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Thank you!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yet another wording check request

• Options
    I would say this:
    Saturday, the twenty-second of September
    two thousand and twelve

• Options
    I agree with PP about writing out twenty-second.  Nobody seems to agree whether or not you should put an "and" in the year.  So, I would say just do whatever you would like with that.  Personally, I would take out the "at" at the beginning of the time because you didn't use prepositions on any other lines (you didn't say "on" Saturday..), but again, just a personal preference.  Overall, I think it sounds very nice!
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the feedback! 

I tried to do the research but I wanted a second opinion. I'll change the 22nd to the words but I'll keep out the "and" because I can't get past the representation of a decimal. I see what libby means about the prepositions too, I'll might make them match. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards