Georgia-Atlanta

Biltmore Ballroom

Hey ladies!

I am newly engaged and planning a wedding on Sept  2014, after graduating from Grad School. My FI and I are very excited. :)

I wanted to ask about the Biltmore. Has anyone used this venue? What are your thoughts on it? I have seen in already for another event, I just want to make sure it is the right choice. Thanks so much! 
**~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14

Re: Biltmore Ballroom

• jazzyquitajazzyquita member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012

My upcoming wedding is scheduled to be held there, 01/20/2013, and I can"t wait. The staff there are very helpful and informative about the rules, because it's a historic landmark. They make the ballrooms very accessible, during the planning process.  My wedding planner and I have held several vendor meetings there. I find by doing that it helps the vendors get my vision.  ( By the way our theme is old hollywood glam, having a clear theme made venue selection easier)

We chose to have a Sunday evening event using both ballrooms, Imperial for the ceremony and the Georgian for the reception.

The only drawback is that you must choose a caterer from their approved list. We booked with their preferred caterer and are very PLEASED, so it wasn't that much of drawback. Anywho, good luck with your venue search!!  Laughing

• Thanks for all the advice! Congrats on your wedding!
    **~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14
  • We are also using the Biltmore and you can go off of their preferred caterer list, however, it is a $1,000 fee and they need to have a certain insurance limit. We found that going off their list and still paying the fee - allowed us to save almost $4,000 in food cost!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards