Texas-Austin

Wedding Coordinator??

Has anyone used Laura Felux? She is a local wedding coordinator, just curious about who has worked with her and what you thought. thanks

Re: Wedding Coordinator??

• Haven't heard of her but if you are still searching around, check out Kristy Treadwell with Joyful Details.  A lot of the brides on here recommend her and I just booked her for day of for my October wedding.  She's been great so far!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Kristi looks like she does a good job too and I did also hear rave reviews about her from the site but we just couldnt fork out $1,000.00 for day of. Our coordinator offered us a special deal with a huge discount towards decorations from her studio's inventory. She brought each piece to our venue at the Austin Botanical Gardens this weekend and also gave us an additional 2 hours of her time in design consulting for our venue to match our wedding style and theme. She has done a great job and has been so great at keeping communication a flow. I do have a link to her coupon, if anyone is interested. So just PM me if you want more info. I love this girl and her eye for creative details. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for event planning services or catering too!

Here is a link of a wedding she coordinated for a bride to be wedding blogger:

We loved the whole DIY whimsy feel to this wedding and since then took Christina up on her awesome wedding package offer. All in all under $800 for DOC and wedding styling. That's by far the best deal we found after meeting with two other planners who seemed to be really busy and above our wedding budget plans.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_wedding-coordinator-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:0771534e-9652-449b-9d42-74797cdaad19Post:ba5ae33f-e87e-4229-8f13-8d3620920e1f">Re: Wedding Coordinator??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristi is HORRIBLE. I would not recommend her at all. I worked with her professionally and she was a nightmare. Might I recommend Kim Thompson with Embellish Events. Trust me, if I can tell you nothing as both a potential bride to be and someone who is in the wedding business on the venue side of things, having a Day Of is the best thing you can spend your money on.
    Posted by utlonghorncutie[/QUOTE]

<div>Can you elaborate on your experience with Kristi?  I've hired her for my wedding and several of the other brides on here have as well and this is the first time I've heard someone say that she is horrible.</div>
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • We used Kristi and a miscommunication ended up with me sweeping the floors & taking out the garbage at the end of our wedding.  I'm not 100% that its entirely her fault (I don't remember discussing these details with her) but to me, the coordinator should be the last one out the door and she wasn't in our case.  Other than that she did everything we talked about without me reminding her and did some things without me even needing to ask.  I can't express enough how much a day of coordinator was a blessing and would highly recommend it if you can fit it in your budget!
  • I've been working with Kristi for more than a year and have had nothing but amazing experiences with her! Even my photographers, AL Collective, said they've worked with her at several weddings and recommend her to brides all of the time because she is THAT good. Please don't post slanderous things like that unless you can back it up with specific experiences...
  • I'm not sure why my earlier post about Kristi was deleted - it was a specific experience ...

A miscommunication between her & I (not sure whose fault) left me [THE BRIDE] sweeping the floors and taking out trash after the reception.  Kristi was great the day of and did everything we talked about, handled everyone's questions, and was quite a blessing I didn't know I needed.  However, she left before all of the vendors had packed out and before the venue person gave us the okay to go.  I feel as though she should have been the last one out the door and she wasn't.  She has since apologized and there's nothing she can do to fix it after the fact anyway - I just want to put the experience out there so that everyone gets a fair picture; not just rave reviews.  I'd still use her again and recommend her to others.
  • edited March 2012
    Fair enough. I ran a private venue here and town, and one of our brides used her after she purchased the company from Rachel. We would refer Rachel all of the time with Buon Affaire, but once she turned over her company, we had so many brides caught in the cross by both of them. Basically, while working with this bride at every turn she told us what she "wouldn't" do. I will never forget when she showed up to do a walk through a couple days before this wedding with her sick kid in tow. I was just shocked. At the wedding she and her assistants were in jeans until at least half of the guests arrived, and when we put out the appetizers, we noticed some missing before we had any one in the house. Again, I just felt she and her team were extremely unprofessional. She left an hour before the event ended, and we were left packing everything up, cleaning up behind her, etc. We weren't sure where things were left and ended up having to come back the next day to help the client track down all sorts of odds and ends. In the end, we did everything for her from set up to break down, and I believe her mother demanded to get her money back.

Perhaps it was a one time thing, so it left a bad taste in my mouth. I am happy to remove the post, but having worked with her from a vendor standpoint, I would not recommend her. Again, I'm happy to remove this post, as I know Buon Affare no longer exists, but from a Day Of, I would just expect so much more. I know my Day Of is amazing, and she's less than Kristi and works so much more.
  • Kristi Treadwell was AMAZING!!!!! Everyone has off days granted, and that may have been the case with Future Ramsey.

However for my wedding.. she was my go to person. I didn't have to think of a single thing to do during the time that she was there because she handled it all. She has the cutest and bubbliest personality and she is young and good at what she does. I made all the decorations, and Kristi really made my ideas come through. I have photos to back me up on how organized and beautiful my wedding looked because of Kristi.

Also-- go to other vendors and ask. I used AL Collective and Steve Southern. They will tell you the truth about coordinators because they have to work with them!!!

http://alcollective.com/weddings/?p=2437

That is my blog from my photographers.. see how BEAUTIFUL it turned out? I could have never done that on my own.
  • edited March 2012
    What do the experienced planners charge for day of usually? And what if you want more of what they seem to call "full service"?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards