African American Weddings

WWYD-How To Cancel A Vendor

You ladies remember my post from a week ago about vendor professionalism? See 3/24 post.

Well, since then I emailed some other AA vendors. I liked a few but prices is out of my range. We found one, and set up a complimentary meeting for next weekend to go over prices and see how well we mesh. I really hope these ladies work out!Innocent I also emailed another vendor today and waiting to hear back from her too.

Well I look in my email just a few minutes ago and look what I see? The planner from the original post just sent this to me. So how do I cancel them? We never signed a contract. Or should I not respond back for 2 weeks like she did?Yell
Below is a copy of the email she sent me
Hi ----,

I just wanted to let you know that I mailed out your contract yesterday. I would like to point out that your contract is dated for September 1, 2010. It's dated for 9/1 because our normal contract period is 12 months prior. In any case, I know that you are eager to get started so after we receive your contract, we can meet and I get your timeline, and guest list manager going.
I the meantime, how's all the planning going? I hope you are not feeling overwhelmed? If you are all that is over...prepare to dump your wedding papers, books etc in a box and put my name on it :-). I want you to enjoy the wedding planning experience, like picking out your gowns, attire for your wedding party, sampling food & dessert, and most importantly the celebratory parties in your honor :-).
As a reminder, feel free to call or email me with any questions/concerns that you may have. Until then...
Happy planning,-----

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

Re: WWYD-How To Cancel A Vendor

• TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DIid you sign anything or give her any money? If not then you can simply tell her you decided to go another route and will not need her services and thank her for her time. As long as you did not sign anything or give her a deposit you are not obligated to continue with her.
  • edited December 2011

Wow it took her two weeks to get back to you ? Thats crazy ! You can politely inform her that you are going in a different direction and will no longer being needing her services. Or you can plainly tell her that since it took her 2 weeks to respond,   you are going to pick a vendor that will make you their priority. 

But if you dont want to respond, I also dont feel that you have to. Ultimatelt the decision will be what ever you are most comfortable with. HTH

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wwyd-cancel-vendor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:7785e2f5-f20d-4211-a040-1f60bd530122Post:27b5d4c6-0ab6-4dcd-93a2-52d02e15d072">Re: WWYD-How To Cancel A Vendor</a>:
    [QUOTE]DIid you sign anything or give her any money? If not then you can simply tell her you decided to go another route and will not need her services and thank her for her time. As long as you did not sign anything or give her a deposit you are not obligated to continue with her.
    Posted by TINAMM[/QUOTE]

We signed NOTHING! Gave no money. She's just now getting around to sending the contract.

Baby Gender Predictor

• TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then you have every right to tell her see ya!!!!! and hire who you are comfortable with and will actually do their job.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are free and in the clear. Just send her an e-mail telling her that you are no longer in need of her services and wish her luck in the future.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi.
    Thanks for the message. The planning is going well. I am very sorry but since I hadn't heard back from you in a couple of weeks, I wasn't sure you were (still) interrested; so I went ahead and looked at other planners. I found a few I really like and I am considering them. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will make sure to refer any friends who may need a planner your way. Thanks again.
    Take care,
    Mahoganieyes
  • edited December 2011
    Mahoganie, girl tell that planner kick rocks and move on. It took her two weeks to get back to you? UNPROFESSIONAL! Second, you gave this heffa no money? KICK ROCKS! It's just that simple. She wasn't courteous when it took her two weeks to get back with you so, a return response in my opinion is not needed.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like your response. It's big of you to be considerate despite her unprofessionalism. You don't owe her anything for sure, but I think it is a nice thing to do since I don't believe in burning bridges.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wwyd-cancel-vendor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:7785e2f5-f20d-4211-a040-1f60bd530122Post:eb5332ee-6bea-4160-b5fe-13b723f41421">Re: WWYD-How To Cancel A Vendor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi. Thanks for the message. The planning is going well. I am very sorry but since I hadn't heard back from you in a couple of weeks, I wasn't sure you were (still) interrested; so I went ahead and looked at other planners. I found a few I really like and I am considering them. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will make sure to refer any friends who may need a planner your way. Thanks again. Take care, Mahoganieyes
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

haha-Pasma I copied and paste this in my email to her. Of course removed Mahoganieyes. Thanks hun!

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much! Glad to be rid of her! Cool

Baby Gender Predictor

• tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with previous post.  Mypasmita is on point.  Legally you are not obligated to hire her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards