Connecticut
Options

Best of the Knot 2010

Just curious, I see that there is a new list for 2010 of the best CT vendors chosen by the brides... how did TK choose these?  I'm just curious which brides they polled on this because I never saw anything and I'm on here a lot.  I looked through the list and quite a few of the vendors I've never even heard of... some are even right in my area too and would have actually been helpful to know about! lol!  I wish I had been able to participate because I would have loved to put in a vote for my vendors.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Best of the Knot 2010

• Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe they actually pay a fee to be put up there, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I don't know... I wondered that myself, but I noticed HK Photography was listed, but I didn't see them listed as a vendor on the Photographer vendor page.  Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't understand how it works!

Danielle, I went to Dawn's Pizzazz yesterday and got a facial.  IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!  Rachael F. was my esthetician and she was amazing.  I was really so pleased.  I'm definitely going to go a few more times before the wedding.  Thanks for the rec!
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Glad you liked it!  A friend of mine swears by that place.  We got our hair/makeup done there several yrs ago for her wedding and they did my hair/makeup for my bridal shower last summer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know vendors pay to be "featured" vendors on here, but I don't think they don't pay to be a part of "Best of The Knot". To be honest, I don't know how they are chosen. But I saw my photog right after he found out he was on the list, and he was surprised to get the call; I don't think he payed to be a "best of" member.

Maybe they look at the boards? I don't know, but I'm curious now!

Edit: I could be totally wrong here lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yea, it was really nice.  I felt so taken care of... especially went I walked in the door and they offered me a glass of wine or champagne. lol!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well Melis, I know you, Danielle and I are on this board a lot and none of us put our votes in... that I find a little strange right?  Not that I think we're 'all knowing' or anything, but I would have thought some of the regulars would have some idea of how it works.  Maybe Kim knows!  Where are you Kim!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you brought it up because I was curious about it. One of the bridal salons  they picked definitely doesn't deserve to be on there. I know a few people that had really bad experience with them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I completely agree with you, I was just trying to share what I knew (if I know anything)!! Hopefully Kim will have our answer lol

Have you gotten any RSVPs back yet?!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten any RSVPs back yet, but I've had a few people text or call me saying they got the invite and they were putting the RSVP in the mail. :-)  I went onto my Crate and Barrel registry yesterday and saw that some items had been purchased too and that was exciting! lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yay!!! I don't know which is more exciting- pending RSVPs or registry stalking! I'm still debating when I should send out my invites- this weekend or next weekend. Our RSVP is April 12, I was going to give everyone 6 weeks to respond but now I don't know if that's too long! ugh!

Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're giving people about 5 weeks to respond.  You sent out STDs, so I think 5 weeks is plenty.  I guess it depends on whether you have a B list though and how you're handling that situation.  It was really nice to finally get them out though!  I made my rehearsal dinner invites the other day and ordered them from VP.  My next project is a DIY flowergirl basket!  I'm scared about this one!  I have a woven wooden basket that I'm going to decorate.  I didn't want a satin white basket... too formal for our wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't be scared of the basket, it will come out awesome! What did you do for RD Invites? I just got notification from VP that mine shipping, I can't wait to see how they turned out.
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I apologize for hijacking this post, too!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wonder about this too.  I feel like every vendor i talk to is a "best of the knot" vendor! (and i didnt get them off of theknot)  its like they hand them out to anyone.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    YAYMiaBrideYAYMiaBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked about this last year and I got two answers, never a definite.  One person said it was a random survey that was sent out via email.  Another said it was a link that was posted on the page and you could click it and vote. I never got an email or saw a link so i dont know what the real answer is. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I have never seen a link or gotten an email either. Very odd. It would be nice to have an answer, right? haha
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to know how the vendors make that list too! Because obviously none of us regulars on here have a clue how they know who the best is unless they're lurking on here and take note of who we rave about. I never received an email or link to a survey so who knows.

Carrie: That's awesome about your C&B registry! Let the mailbox and registry stalking begin!!! Soooo exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I guess we should all be REALLY happy that the boards exist because I trust all of your opinions way more than TKs on this one!

Kate, it's totally exciting!  I kind of feel like I'm spoiling the surprise by looking at my C&B registry though! lol!  I'm definitely going to be stalking the mailbox everyday.  You can be sure of that! :-)
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing. I got both the Boston and CT versisons... and seriously haven't heard of half of the vendors on the Boston one and nearly none of the CT vendors. I'm glad that you girls share my confusion!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_of-knot-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:94727a05-0d0d-4ec8-8738-333ff36c1746Post:5fe70ac2-1d9b-449c-8dc3-e9c5b43d445e">Re: Best of the Knot 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I guess we should all be REALLY happy that the boards exist because I trust all of your opinions way more than TKs on this one! Kate, it's totally exciting!  I kind of feel like I'm spoiling the surprise by looking at my C&B registry though! lol!  I'm definitely going to be stalking the mailbox everyday.  You can be sure of that! :-)
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel the same way! If it wasn't for this board I never would have known about Jane at Just for You for my flowers, Dana Bartone for my makeup, or Raw Photo. </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh and I know I'll be sooo bad with the registry stalking! I want it to be a surprise too, but I don't have the willpower.. haha</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kate, I can't believe you're at 4 months now!!! Gosh it's getting so close!
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fascinating.  i never got any type of survey or saw anything either!  i haven't even seen the list...i'm off to look for it now.  super curious how they're picked...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I just looked at the list and milk flew out my nose. There is almost a completely new list from this year to last and one of the vendors I saw on there is just very weak quality wise but is cheap and does a lot of business because of it. Also if you get the actual book you will find "notable vendors" they didn't really make the list but paid to be put here as an advertiser.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_of-knot-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:94727a05-0d0d-4ec8-8738-333ff36c1746Post:bba0adef-622e-46af-be36-46ad530cb9ce">Re: Best of the Knot 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, I can't believe you're at 4 months now!!! Gosh it's getting so close!
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh I know!!!! I feel like the past year has gone by so quickly, but yet June feels soooo far away still!! My mom and my MOH started planning my shower for the end of May and I feel like that is so far away too, but everyone keeps saying it'll all be here so quickly. So exciting!

I can't believe you're 2 months out! I think once the invitations go out, it'll feel so much more real that it's almost here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did get a survey, but it was too long and wanted a lot of info that I didn't really have the time to deal with. I was about 6 -8 months after,  I think and at the time I was sort of over the planning. I got married two years ago come May. I put my vendor recs on here and that was enough I feel, everyone was wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards