Flowers

help!!! for your nontraditional bride

Ok well if the subject doesn't say it all ummm I an goin about my wedding in a compleatly nontraditional way. my colors are black red and silver. My groom in black my maid is in silver and me in a red wedding dress. Yes you read it correctly I am walking down the isle in a red wedding dress and I really really want to find black flowers. I have decided to fo silk since it it is more cost effective for me so if any one has any ideas on how to get black roses (that don't look like they go with a cheap holloween coustume) plz let me know wedding is soon and I still have no flowers!
image handsome boy modeling school was the best 60 dollars I ever spent. If it wasn't for handsome boy modeling scholl I would not be the modle I am today.

Re: help!!! for your nontraditional bride

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're looking for black silks? Have you Googled...? I feel like this shouldn't be that hard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI a red dress is pretty traditional in much of the world.
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say thank you for your help. this is the only USEFULL bit of info I have recived fron this post. It's nice to see people useing this site for what it is intended for. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    image handsome boy modeling school was the best 60 dollars I ever spent. If it wasn't for handsome boy modeling scholl I would not be the modle I am today.
  • edited December 2011
      I'm not sure I'd go with all black flowers. They tend to blend together when there aren't different tones to give the bouquet interest and depth. It may make your bouquet look like a blob in pictures. I would maybe go with some dark red, dark purple and black flowers so your bouquet stands out more and looks better in photos:

Here are some picks so you can see what I mean:

all black bouquets:

Bouquets with some accent colors:

As far as getting black flowers that don't look cheesy, I would try for flowers that actually come in black naturally (or really dark purple or red):
    calla lilies, dahlias, black baccara roses, irises, etc. You can buy them in the dark red or purple and use floral magic paint to make them blacker.
  • edited December 2011
    Bacarra roses would looks stunning against a red dress. Also red dresses are traditional for Indian weddings, so the dress color is not that non-traiditional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards