New York
Options

Wedding Update Wednesday

- Went to that bridal show on Sunday and got some info about florists
- Made 1 appointment with a florist.. that I might actually cancel though... I didn't love their bouquets they displayed and that's really all I'd be paying for, along with boutiniers because my planner is doing my centerpieces
- Met with my planner at the reception site to see what the lighting would look like (she's doing those flood light things on the wall in orange) and get floor plans
- Started looking at decorations for the ceremony/reception with my planner (somehow I always like the more expensive option more in look, so now I have to decide are people even going to notice for example the plastic chairs versus wooden ones during the ceremony when they cost double)
- Mailing out my Save the Dates TODAY!  I went to do them yesterday and realized I was missing the top one, so I got panicky and needed to triple check that I had them all... it turns out that top one was left on the table... oops
- I'm attempting to make my cake topper, so I'm tried that a little bit... If I don't like how it comes out I'll buy it (but the one I want is like $200...).  It's little figurines of me, FI, and our dog in polymer clay.
- Also started working on my headpiece (basically a beaded ribbon that will match the design of my dress).  I'm making it myself, and I realized I had pearl beads in the wrong size, and stores don't sell any smaller so I had to order some online.  Hopefully they'll come in the next week so I can start on that again.
- Started my bridesmaids necklaes... also making myself (yes, I am insane...).  They're coming out OK, but I need to go to the craft store for one more thing to add to the necklace.
- I started a wedding blog a year ago and made all of... like 2 posts, so I whipped up another post about bridal shows.  :)  Hopefully this week I will continue with that trend...
- Still on a search for shoes, but to no avail.  I went to about 5 stores in the last week... I think I'm going to take a break on this because I'm just getting frustrated that I'm not srue what I'm looking for... but either way I'm not finding anything I love.

What have you ladies been up to with your planning?
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• Options
    SO excited that our Save-the-Dates arrive today! We will be addressing them this weekend and hopefully they will be in the mail Saturday or Monday.

We have our first florist meeting on Saturday, and I'm excited cause she is amazing (local florist, seen her work at our venue many times). We have our "vision" and I'm excited to see what she comes up with.

Next stop, setting a meeting with our pastor and the church to discuss the ceremony. We are adding a hint of Greek Orthodox customs, and our church is wonderful about incorporating other customs that normally wouldn't be used in the church.

I'm also inquiring about our favors-- custom olive oil and chocolates! Things are moving, rapidly, as you all saw from my last post!

Hope everyone else is staying calm! I'm certainly trying!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:6c46d4ad-bfb9-4ee2-9bbf-5da25b822c44Post:cc6c3579-e099-41b7-8f2f-c235a1fba9ea">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]SO excited that our Save-the-Dates arrive today! We will be addressing them this weekend and hopefully they will be in the mail Saturday or Monday. 
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

<div>JN (and all) -- (Not to stress you, but...) Don't forget, postage prices increase starting Monday!  1 cent for regular mail and 3 cents for postcards.</div>
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Went to the bridal expo. Had a wonderful time and got suckered into makign an appointment to shop for bridesmaids dresses.

Meet yesterday with a girl I used to work with who is now a professional photographer, specializing in both weddings and advertising. Will most likely be using her, but we wont make a decision until we comparison shop at the bridal expo in Geneva next month. I like the idea of using someone I'm comfortable with. Especially since one of our groomsmen is also a professional photographer and will be doing our engagement session. So we wont have that time to get comfortable with a photographer.

Scheduled a meeting with a DJ for Saturday morning. 

In the process of putting together an address book so we can oder and send out save the dates.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ahhh! Thanks Bito!!

I totally forgot! Will be buying today.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I've added this update probably three previous times but now it's official. We've begun booking our honeymoon - 2 weeks in Paris and Nice with day trips to Cannes, St. Tropez and Monaco. I cannot wait.

I also reached out to the wedding coordinator at our site to figure out the timeline for the next few months and when we need to set up meetings. He's out of the office for the next week, but promptly reponded to email with very detailed answers and gave me his cell phone in case I needed to reach him. Wonderful, wonderful service.
  • Options
    I had a great weekend!  FI ordered his tux last Saturday, and we set up the account so that the GM can be fitted and ordered.  We went with Jos A Bank, happy with how the tux looks.  On Sunday I drove to Albany to meet my MOH, and she ordered her dress!  So happy those are done!  I approved my invitation to be printed, maybe I'll start a new thread to show you ladies.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012

Went to the DoubleTree on Sunday. We tasted yummy foods, and figured out what we want our reception to look like. It was nice to see the room, and get a fee for al the options!  AND we won a night to the DoubleTree with dinner/breakfast included! 

Then, when we got home, we realized we are wayyy over budget. Oh well. You only get married once, right?
    So because of this, I have started my DIY projects. I did the guestbook, card box, unity candles, and table numbers. They all look really nice with their coordinating ribbons. 

Lastly, my (second) wedding dress came in! Going to try it on tonight! Yay! (I say second because I lost about 30 lbs since August, and have gone down from a size 16 to a size 8...so I bought a new dress as a a Yay me present!!!)

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options

It was a combo of 30 Day Shred, Running 3-4 times a week, increase walking (using stairs, parking farther away etc), and eating a lot less (of everything, not just the bad foods). They say its not good for you to not eat less than 1200 calories, but I was eating between 1000-1200 calories a day of a balanced diet, and I felt great! I don't reccomend this for everyone though, it just happened to work for me!! Also, we cut out red meats. We eat a lot of turkey and chicken. I think I have had a hamburger one time since August, and I don't miss them at all.

If you have a smartphone, I HIGHLY reccomend getting a calorie counter app. I had a ton of fun using it because it had a barcode scanner, and it would automatically enter in all the nutrition facts. It made eating less more fun.

I have been "off" my diet for about a month now (I put it like that because I am still eating healthy, waking and running.) And I have not gained any weight, so I am really proud of myself! 

Good luck to you ladies! 20 lbs is no easy feat, 

I tried my dress on tonight, and I absolutey love it. It is so beautiful. I'l post some pictures later :) 
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards