Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Officiant tipping

Is it standard to tip the officiant on top of the fee?  We are supposed to bring the fee in cash to the rehearsal, it is a $200 fee for the pastor, $150 for the pianist, $50 for the church setup.  Is it typical to tip the pastor in addition to his fee?

Re: Officiant tipping

• No.  As a church organist, I have a set fee for weddings.  I provide my service, and you pay me the stated amount.  Unless I do something hugely over the top for you, I never expect a tip.  It's the same for a pastor. 

The only time I've been tipped was when a bride's organist suddenly and very unexpectedly died on the Wednesday before a Saturday wedding.  I stepped in to another church, and an organ I didn't know.  I worked with the bride to get her music, went to the church and practiced to learn the instrument, attended the rehearsal and played  the ceremony.  Her dad hugely tipped me!  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards