Not Engaged Yet

I feel like Mother of the Year-I blame Verizon! Vent! Long, sorry.

Late this morning, about 11:30 am, I got a text from my ex-husband's fiancee, asking for my nanny's cell phone number.  I immediately texted it back to her.  About 5 minutes later, there was a knock at my office door (I work from home sometimes) and Nanny says, 'B just called, DS is at Urgent Care and getting stitches in his forehead.'

Um, excuse me?

Why am I finding this out from my nanny?
Why did B not tell me when she texted for Nanny's number?
Why did the school not call ME immediately and let me know?

I check my phone, no missed calls, nothing.  It's on and sitting next to me, I'd been on and off the phone with customers and partners all morning, so I know it's working.  As I'm writing a very strongly worded email to the teachers and office staff at school, trying to figure out how fast I can cancel my afternoon, I hear the chime that indicates a voice mail that was time stamped 10:30am from the school!  Sure enough, it's the nurse saying he'd been hurt!  It took over an hour to be delivered, plus I had NO missed call in my log.  WTF Verizon? 

By the time I figured out what was going on, DS was already stitched up and being dropped off at my house by a smug B who made sure to tell me what an inconvenience the trip to Urgent Care was.  She missed a yoga class, you'd think she's Joan of Arc. 

Long story short, B didn't tell me about what was going on because she assumed Ex had spoken to me.  He hadn't, and I blame her because she should know by now what a moron he is.  I spoke with him a couple of times and he blew the whole thing off as 'no big deal', but then again this is the same guy who has also blown off a heart attack and foreclosure of his home as 'no big deal'.  He's a peach. 

I called Verizon and they had to do some sort of Network resetting garbage to get my phone to function properly, gee whiz, thanks for that.  Little too little too late.

At this point I'm waiting for various social media outlets to blow up indicating what a terrible mother I am and how I couldn't even be there for the 3 stitches in DS's head.  My ex's family would blame me for the price of gas, if they could.  Ugh.

The upside is that DS is home, completely fine, lounging on the couch with a movie and the remnants of his Halloween candy.  The moral of the story is, reset the network settings on your Verizon phone once in a while and don't marry a moron.

Thanks for listening, pass the Malbec. 

Meddied since 6/15/13!

Re: I feel like Mother of the Year-I blame Verizon! Vent! Long, sorry.

• Yikes!  I'm so sorry about that!  I'm glad to hear your DS is ok.  Technology can be a blessing and a curse at the same time.  I've had vm's not show up for days and emails get stuck in the outbox and send 40 times to the same person.  In the end, everyone is ok and wine will make you feel better!

Btw, good choice on the Malbec.  Yum one of my faves these days.  And I meant to mention the other day I saw you're getting married in Holland.  Love that place!  My cousin's own the big tulip farm, so it has a liitle softspot for me.  Lots of family time was spent on the beach there.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That sucks! I've had problems like that with Verizon before and it's so frustrating. I'm glad your son is doing just fine :)

Does the school only have one number for you? I feel like they should've tried a little harder to contact you than just leaving a voicemail.

Also B sounds like b.

• Aww, poor kid - at least it sounds like he's doing okay, and that's what matters.

I've had the same thing happen to me with Verizon - but never at such an inopportune moment. So sorry!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That whole situation really sucks.  I'm sorry, just glad DS is ok.

I barely get any reception on my cell phone in my office. I sometimes get calls and sometimes at 4:30 after I leave work my voicemail icon will show up.  Technology can be a pain...

Anniversary

• Thank you for the sympathy, girls. 

Beth-B can definitely be a 'B', but she's also a Saint in that she puts up with Ex who is next to impossible to deal with.  For this, I'm grateful, but she doesn't miss an opportunity to make me look bad. 

Suzie-Yes, we are excited about Holland.  FI's mom lives out there, and we both love the water, so it just worked out.  That thread was good for me, it made me realize I've got a LOT left to do PDQ. 

Unfortunately, my cell is my 'only' phone, we don't have a home phone.  I'm going to encourage the teachers and staff to use email as a follow up, as I've never had issues getting email on my phone. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Stupid technology!

At least your son is doing alright. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • radley- are you in GR then?  I'm actually headed up there tonight.  I went to GVSU and college friends are having a Christmas party tomorrow.  So I'm using it as an opportunity to take BF up to see the city and school for the first time.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Suzie-I am in GR!  Just North of town, actually.  I've lived here most of my life, but went to school at CMU.  I love this area, can't imagine raising my children anywhere else.  Have fun tonight, where are you staying?
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-feel-like-mother-of-the-year-i-blame-verizon-vent-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e2a97af3-7133-4afd-adb4-0556dfc5485cPost:ec1d93ba-769d-41c2-8624-e610d9067ddd">Re: I feel like Mother of the Year-I blame Verizon! Vent! Long, sorry.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Suzie-I am in GR!  Just North of town, actually.  I've lived here most of my life, but went to school at CMU.  I love this area, can't imagine raising my children anywhere else.  Have fun tonight, where are you staying?
    Posted by radleyboo[/QUOTE]

I went to CMU for 2 years before transferring to U of M.  Yay Michigan girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-feel-like-mother-of-the-year-i-blame-verizon-vent-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e2a97af3-7133-4afd-adb4-0556dfc5485cPost:ec1d93ba-769d-41c2-8624-e610d9067ddd">Re: I feel like Mother of the Year-I blame Verizon! Vent! Long, sorry.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Suzie-I am in GR!  Just North of town, actually.  I've lived here most of my life, but went to school at CMU.  I love this area, can't imagine raising my children anywhere else.  Have fun tonight, where are you staying?
    Posted by radleyboo[/QUOTE]

We're staying at the JW tonight and in Lowell at our friends tomorrow.  BF is going to get a mini tour of the GR bar scene tonight. I'm thinking some Woods, BOB, and Flanagans are in order.   I actually tell BF all the time that if we were to move anywhere besides Chicago it would be back to GR.  I loved it that much.

Heather- My BF is one of the biggest MI fans out there and is probably very jealous of your years spent in Ann Arbor.  We are only heading to GR tonight because MI isn't making the trip to Indy tomorrow.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I hate when phones don't pass along messages until hours later - my phone has lately been starting to do that with texts.  BF was hurt at work last week and I didn't get the message for awhile about it.  

I'm surprised the school didn't try calling you again, or emailing.  Or that B didn't mention it to you when she texted asking for that phone number.  Regardless if she thought you knew, a heads-up that everything was ok or that she was taking care of it would be nice.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is really upsetting but I am glad that your son is ok!  

That is so cool you are getting married in Holland!  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Yikes! I'm glad your son is ok. B definitely is a fitting title for her from the sounds of it.
    I've had troubles with verizon as well..... so many times that I switched to AT&T. So much better.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh!  I would be pretty pisssssed off at the school, too, for making such little effort to reach an actual parent in a situation like this.  I am glad to hear your little man is doing alright and B can get the stick out of her A and do yoga in her living room.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards