African American Weddings
Options

Reception props

Hey ladies,

I have seen several tv shows with receptions that have props for the guests.  I have also been to one wedding that had them. I just wanted to know your thoughts about them. I have seen a wide range of props such as leis and mardi gras beads to glow necklaces, etc.  Do you think it depends on the theme or the type of wedding, etc?  Thoughts.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception props

• Options
    I think you only need props if you're going with a certain theme or have a photo booth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I only think if it ties into your theme... not just random stuff .... Now... if that's what u want for ur wedding... do you... I just would make sure it matched
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am having a photobooth, but I am not doing props per se for the reception.  I kinda didnt want them because I am having an after six formal wedding and reception and I didnt think they would go with it but as I was talking about my wedding with a coworkers (of course I should not have even wasted my times) she was like I cant believe you arent having props.  I said my reception is not a carnival. We dont need leis and mardi gras beads to have fun. The photobooth with have props, I just cant see crazy hats and purple and gold mardi gras beads in my reception photos.  I dont know why I even wasted my time doubting my first thought.  I knew my girls would drop some knowledge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it depends on the vibe you're going for. Formal and glow sticks don't mesh. I was thinking of having flags for our soca/ reggae portion but I didn't want things to get uber cheesy. I think all the extra with no purpose is just wasteful but if it goes with the wedding theme then go for it
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards