Iowa-Des Moines

No Singers????

So I don't really know anyone that can sing at our wedding, nor do I want to hire some random person I don't know.  Any ideas of some kind of entertainment at the ceremony instead of having a soloist?  A friend told me she had her guests all sing church hymns in place of having a singer.  Is that a good idea?  What would the wedding party do up front while everyone is singing?  Just stand there?

Is anyone else having this problem???  Any ideas would be appreciated!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: No Singers????

• edited December 2011
    First off....thanks for the suggestion on Stuido 7.  Megan is a great stylist.  I actually went to my friends wedding back in August and she didn't have a soloist.  I think we sang 2-3 church songs.  I don't really remember what the wedding party did.  They might have sang....but I think the bride and groom mainly talked.  But having everyone sing really isn't a bad idea
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am glad I was able to help!!  I am always afraid to try new stylists when I don't know anything about them.  I have had a few nightmare experiences at Great Clps!!

What do you mean the bride and groom just talked?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I remember them just standing up there while everyone was singing and just talking.  I thought it was a bit disrespectful to not sing.  But thats just my opinion
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would say that unless it means a lot to you to have a particular song performed, or to have someone close to you sing, then you don't need to have a song just to fill more time (that is, unless you're doing something like a unity candle and need something to fill the silence during that). 

That said, if you want to do songs, then it would be neat to have the whole group sing.  I went to one wedding where hymns were sung, and the officiant had copies of the music that he passed through the WP so they could sing along, too. 
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could easily replace a solo with a reading or poem or scripture that would be meaningful to you. 
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    You don't necessarily have to have a soloist.  You could have everyone sing church hymns or you could just have an organist or pianist play.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards