Maryland

Aquarium

Has anyone got married at the aquarium?   I am seriously considering it and I would love to hear what others have done or possibly see some pictures.

Thanks
My Planning Bio **Updated 7/26/11**
126image 99image 25image 2image
RSVP Date August 27

Re: Aquarium

• sarac239sarac239 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny, DF said that would be a cool idea the other day! I'd love to do that too! I'm curious to see if anyone has done it!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but I have been to catered events.  Most recently I went there and the space was being shared with some kind of Valentine's Day formal from Loyola.  We had separate eating spaces, but were able to tour the exhibits (exept the rain forest) together.  We ate near the shark tanks and the view was really nice, and the food and service were also very good.  If the price is reasonable, I think it would be really nice for a smaller ceremony - our group was about 75 people and it was very cramped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We went and looked at the different places you can have the ceremony and reception.  We want to have the ceremony in the dolphin veiwing area and the reception over looking the harbor (I forget what its called).  They also give a cocktail area after the ceremony and the quests are free to walk around the exhibits.  I don't remember exactly but it wasn't over $6000 for that.  The caterer is what I am worried about.  You can only use one and they look pretty pricey. 
    My Planning Bio **Updated 7/26/11**
    126image 99image 25image 2image
    RSVP Date August 27
  • edited December 2011
    I Have been to a wedding there....and to be honest...it wasnt all that great. I was really looking forward to it, but they had most of the areas closed and the area that they had open for the wedding was cramped.

If youre having a small wedding, i would say it would be an awesome site...however if your planning on having alot of people, I would look somewhere else. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    More than words.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards