Wedding Party

subject removed

Re: subject removed

• When exactly did she sleep with your FI?  Because that's one of the only reasons to "remove" a WP member.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:875d4b5d-0606-4615-b21c-ff58a596ec80">Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... I picked my MOH months ago and she was the only one in the wedding party that was a definite.  It's been a struggle all the way with her ever since and now, it's to the point that I'm going to remove her from my wedding.  She's the only thing stressing me out about my wedding, and there are a million reasons why.  But, what's the best way to remove her from it?  This is also not the first wedding she has been removed from, but the other one was for different reasons.  She's the only thing that could create a drama filled wedding day.
    Posted by megharpiano[/QUOTE]
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • If she's such a drama whore, I'm confused why you asked her to be your MOH in the first place.

If you're fine with never being her friend again, kick her out of your wedding party.
    panther
  • Sounds like you're creating enough drama yourself. I doubt your MOH needs to help you.

The fact that other people were rude enough to kick out a wedding party member does not give you license to do so.

What do you mean by definite? Did you have others "on deck" or something?

Your wedding isn't a pageant or a contest or a baseball game. It's a freaking wedding. Please grab some perspective and worry about something more important. Like the rest of your life you will be sharing with your FI.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • I'm asking for ways to go about it.  Not to rehash every detail, I've already done that with people in my life.  I just want to know a way to break the news.  There was a reason at one point, however she's done a lot of changing and isn't the person she once was. I'm not debating the pros and cons of it. Just ways to take care of it.

• The friendship will be over my friend. No matter how tactfully (read tactlessly) you choose to do this.

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:849da9d6-83ed-447f-958f-572ec5c0f14d">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help! : Hire a hit man?  No?  If you've already decided to end this friendship, then why do you care how you do it?  Sounds like you could call her up and say a la Donald Trump: You're Fired!  And then hang up.  Done. ETA: My eyes are rolling.  Didn't we already discuss DD's today?!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

jc, I've been prowling around for the last hour and my eyes have nearly rolled out. Honeymoon registries, ousted MOHs, and DDs, OH MY!

Photobucket
  • Manwa - welcome to the influx of beebees that we get after the Christmas engagements!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:ab457afc-316e-4ca5-85a4-9b31369a1f50">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Manwa - welcome to the influx of beebees that we get after the Christmas engagements!
    Posted by saisongbird[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just a incredibly terrifying myth...

What ever shall we do?????

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:8f21149e-c355-4201-9477-4459b79fe86b">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: subject removed : I thought it was just a incredibly terrifying myth... What ever shall we do?????
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]

Be patient, manwa, be patient.   It's practice for the next influx on February 15.  =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:3d38a60e-5e1c-4cab-921e-d0e4d10e7682">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: subject removed : Be patient, manwa, be patient.   It's practice for the next influx on February 15.  =)
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Oh. My. Gosh.

I didn't even think about the Big 14. I'm going to need to take a Tylenol or something for all the eye rolling I will be doing.

My FI was boring. He proposed on August 2nd. That was probably for the best =)

Photobucket
  • There's no good way to do something so terrible.  Once you figure out a polite way to kick a dude in the balls, you'll probably also know a polite way to kick a person out of your wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:79122cf4-19fd-41b1-a38d-e24274f652ff">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: subject removed : Oh. My. Gosh. I didn't even think about the Big 14. I'm going to need to take a Tylenol or something for all the eye rolling I will be doing. My FI was boring. He proposed on August 2nd. That was probably for the best =)

I got a miscellaneous date in June (the 16th). Here's to being boring!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • January 14th.  DH has no sense of romance ;)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I think we should revolt against our DHs. They obviously did it wrong.

We should have engagement renewals =P

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:5b114bc3-0088-46f0-a083-4429d2745e4a">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm asking for ways to go about it.  Not to rehash every detail, I've already done that with people in my life.  I just want to know a way to break the news.  There was a reason at one point, however she's done a lot of changing and isn't the person she once was. I'm not debating the pros and cons of it. Just ways to take care of it.
    Posted by megharpiano[/QUOTE]

<div>Just explain that you've decided you hate her, and want to hurt her in the worst way possible.</div><div>
    </div><div>Really, there is no good way to do something so nasty and immature.  </div>
  • **off to check with DH**

I  know we got engaged in August, but I'm not sure of the date.  Going to see if he remembers.

Our first date was Dec. 23.  We were married in July.  Hmmmmmm.
  • December 12.  He did manage to get me to the wine bar where we met to actually propose.  It's a good thing I forgot which airline he was flying and was standing at the wrong gate because he was so worked up about surprising me with the proposal and worrying about having the ring, he had decided to propose at the airport.  Yep.  Right there at terminal A at Cleveland Hopkins.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:d538b472-24cc-44e6-976e-374e29eb5fda">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]December 12.  He did manage to get me to the wine bar where we met to actually propose.  It's a good thing I forgot which airline he was flying and was standing at the wrong gate because he was so worked up about surprising me with the proposal and worrying about having the ring, he had decided to propose at the airport.  Yep.  Right there at terminal A at Cleveland Hopkins.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

This makes me smile. I'm from Cleveland. I know all about Hopkins.
  • May 10.  I remember because it was the day after our five month dating anniversary, and our first date was easy to remember because it was also my seniority date with Disney, December 9.  I didn't join the Knot until someone told me about it a couple of months later, though.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I can't even remember why exactly I joined ... we didn't have a date yet, and I was kind of already in the mindset of "I'm not planning a damn thing until we have a date set" at that point ... I know I didn't start posting until we had a date, and that was like 9 months after my join date.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:82151714-af48-4fba-a9c5-73ba97521277">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we should revolt against our DHs. They obviously did it wrong. <strong>We should have engagement renewals =P</strong>
    Great idea!  I think my FI could've worded it better...so I'll probably re-write the speech for him.  We'll get all dressed up and I'll pick a much more romantic location, and make sure a photographer is there to take "candid" pictures. Yessssss
  • January 16 (our 10 year dating anniversary) and I have no idea why I joined the knot years before.  My best guess is because my friend was getting married but I didn't find the forums until I was planning my own wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I joined because you had to have a account to save photos, but I very clearly remember my first post.  It was on P&E, asking if I should take my stepdad up on his offer to double his financial contribution if we eloped.  It gave me a lot to think about.

• I remember my first real question (And not squeeing over colors and stuff on my club board) was asking if I should ask BSC friend to be a BM, because she was really trying to press me into asking her.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • DH proposed on April 17th.  He was going to do it on my birthday, May 5th, but when he asked my mom for permission she told him that I'd probably kill him if he did it that day.  So he did it the weekend before I left on a 4 day school trip instead, so that the teenage girls gawked at it all weekend instead.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:47793259-e14f-4301-a8b1-47a51228e3c3Post:0c47ab8b-8fae-417b-80b9-00b994adad75">Re: subject removed</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH proposed on April 17th.  He was going to do it on my birthday, May 5th, but when he asked my mom for permission she told him that I'd probably kill him if he did it that day.  <strong>So he did it the weekend before I left on a 4 day school trip instead, so that the teenage girls gawked at it all weekend instead.</strong>
    Posted by saisongbird[/QUOTE]
    Nice.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Actually, I kind of set the date for our engagement.  I knew he'd been wanting to go up to Yosemite, so when he got his training schedule for his current job, I saw a shared gap in his schedule and mine, and suggested that we take the trip then.  I didn't know he was planning on proposing up there.

• June 6.  and I was miserably sick, and I was walking the dog.

OP, speaking as a former BFF, and a kicked out MOH.  It WILL forever change your relationship with her.  It took me and my ex BFF YEARS to even get back on speaking terms.  And I use "speaking terms" very loosely.  It was basically that I didn't want to punch her in the face.  There is no easy way to do that.  There cant be, because it's not supposed to happen.  No one can stop you, but you really have to be ready for the fallout.  There is no going back.  And just because she's been kicked out before does not give you the right do to it again.
  • Dec 30, so exactly a year ago today. <3

It was romantic and perfect and I didn't see it coming.  Yeah, a lot of people get engaged around this time of year so we aren't exactly unique in this regard, but I'm okay with that. :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards