Texas-Austin
Options

Avoid-- Photography Shoppe

Hi Ladies!
Sorry to seem negative BUT- I have finally had it with being ms. now mrs. nice girl and letting this company treat me like a piece of it. Since I relied heavily on word of mouth to book vendors I wanted to give some feedback regarding this company, they work out of austin and baton rouge.  

PLEASE beware of Photography Shoppe! They have stolen our money, delivered a completely messed up album 12 MONTHS after our wedding, and refuse to refund any money for the album or replace it- I've sent about 6 emails over the course of 2 months since Ken Ramsey gave me his word he'd send a return label and get it fixed- obviously he hasn't.  (That's after about 12 months of constant phone calls and emails since the wedding).  My Grandpa even passed away before his album arrived, 10 months after my wedding, and they wouldn't refund that either.

Their F- Rating on BBB is totally deserved, and on google you can see reviews of dozens and dozens of distraught brides. I would NOT want anyone else to go through the terrors I have in dealing with this company post-wedding.
Please, before you delete this post mrs. moderator, check the company out on google. Nothing I am saying is in any way heresay. This is all verifyable fact. If anyone doubts it post your email and I will forward you my dealings with this company over the last 14 months.

If you booked- I'd cancel. It is simply NOT worth "saving the money."
Best of luck ladies and remember to specify in your contracts what you want and WHEN YOU WANT IT! Photos always help with lawsuits, especially of the album promised and what it looked like exactly... not to be paranoid but hey. Some of us are going through it.  I really wish you all luck in picking good vendors that don't do this- I'm thinking now that local and/or individually owned would have been safer. Anyways best of luck to y'all,
K.

Re: Avoid-- Photography Shoppe

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL-- Mrs. Moderator.. that made me laugh. I am not married.. yet. ;) Four more months to go.

And I have heard nothing but bad things about this company. I think they have gotten pretty bad reviews on the San Antonio board, which you might repost this there as well. I will send this to Knot Annie because I think they do some advertising through the knot, or wedding channel, if I am not mistaken.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's right, I think I got a weddingchannel deal email advertising their services.  Very glad I didn't buy it.  Thanks for the heads up K.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes we have a consultation with them next week.  I was already a little irritated because I set up the appointment like two weeks ago and I got a snippy email from them on Tuesday saying that I needed to schedule something pronto before they're booked for the date...
    We may skip it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard terrible things about Photography Shoppe. Sorry you had to go thru that!!
  • Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey all!
    just wondering...is the photography shoppe related to the djshoppe?
  • Options
    birdy29birdy29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with them, and so far I am not pleased, and seriously thinking about finding someone else. We had a billing issue with our engagement photos -- which the photos came out okay, but I wish we'd received more direction from our photographer, but we weren't vocal enough --
    Here's the issue: I paid the "engagement mileage" online early, and there was an error message. I emailed Chris right away to let him know, and to ask him to contact me. Then, a few hours later, I received a reciept through email, and let him know. I wasn't trying to be annoying, but I when making a payment -- on time -- you want to make sure everything goes A-OK, you know?
    Well, I never heard from anyone at Photography Shoppe for a total of 2 1/2 weeks. During that time, I receive not one, but two late notices. For each of these notices, I sent my reciept to them and asked to hear back as soon as possible, since I didn't want to incur a late fee, and I had paid -- and my statement showed so. Nothing -- not even a brief "we're looking at it, we'll get back to you."
    There was no problem when it came to sending me the bill, but suddenly no one could talk to me. I called, my fiance called, and his father called, and it wasn't until my soon to be father in law brought in the legal implications of the matter did our photographer give us a call -- and I felt bad for him because he really didn't have access to anything -- and try to settle things. I was given the run around for a few hours until finally they could settle things. Chris was at a shoot, and couldn't speak to us, but I didn't understand why for the past 2 1/2 weeks he couldn't take a few minutes to let me know what was going on.
    Now, however, I am nervous about the rest of my time with them. My in-laws have paid quite a bit already, and I don't want them to short us on time or product. They also "suddenly" had our engagement photos ready the same day my father in law chewed them out.
    I would say it seems like they have some great photographers with good personalities, but communication is horrible. And they may be affordable, but I don't want to deal with a company that cannot get back to clients in a reasonable manner. When you are planning and working on a wedding, it is the last thing you need. I don't feel confident in them right now, and I am thinking of finding a backup, or just someone else. If communication is bad now, that's a sign it will be just as bad after they have all of our money, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are already having this many problems, I would back out. See if you can get any money back, and if not, hire someone else. We also had to cut ties with our original photographer.. and it was costly, but I know our next one will not disappoint us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies, I emailed theknot CS today because they sent an offer for this company via email. Although I was not impacted, I was pretty put off by the fact that they are endorsing a shady vendor. Here is what I sent in case you want to do the same. 

customerservice@theknot.com

Hello,  I wanted to bring to your attention that your group is advocating a provider that has caused numerous local brides a lot of stress and issues. You should remove them as a provider. I can tell you this makes me not trust any of the vendors you endorse.   See the Austin board info  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw ....good for you lizy! it sucks that not only is planning a wedding stresseful you have to deal with shady people!

• Options
    birdy29birdy29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for doing that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RUN!!!  

Been a year and a half since the wedding and still no albums.  DJ service was inadequite,  Could have played music ouselves for what she did.  Photographers had to be told what to do.  No guidance what so ever.

After attending another wedding, I realized how little they really did.  We have very few pictures of the ceremony.  Important things like the dress pictures, I had to set up. The engagement pictures came back with the grooms head half cut off in almost all of them.

Please run, before you get to where we are with little photo memories of my daughters most precious day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    run!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards