Indiana

Need a church that will marry a Catholic and a Baptist in NWI

My sister is looking for a church in NW Indiana that will marry her and her fiance. She is a Catholic and he is a divorced Baptist. Anyone know of a church of any faith that will do that? Thanks!
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Need a church that will marry a Catholic and a Baptist in NWI

• One thing I did planning an OOT wedding was go to the visitor center website for a list of churches...and start calling. I looked at Non-demno and Baptist churches that will marry non-member couples. I hope this helps. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_need-a-church-that-will-marry-a-catholic-and-a-baptist-in-nwi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:89de3ed0-d0b5-4498-9ed5-be2450930b73Post:f15d1601-96bf-4c3f-b210-bb74a4498cd6">Need a church that will marry a Catholic and a Baptist in NWI</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister is looking for a church in NW Indiana that will marry her and her fiance. She is a Catholic and he is a divorced Baptist. Anyone know of a church of any faith that will do that? Thanks!
    Posted by Michelle164[/QUOTE]

I went to a wedding last weekend and the bride was Jewish and the groom was a divorced Catholic.  The minister was Rev. Ann Cruz.  htp://<a href="http://www.anncruz.com" rel="nofollow">www.anncruz.com</a>
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!

•    A couple of churches you can try... First Presbyterian in Schereville IN,  Suncrest in St. John or Crown Point not sure which city, and I know there is a church in Dyer/ Munster right on route 30.  Sorry I can't remember the name.  My friend used it as a back up for her outside wedding at Myer's Castle in Dyer 2 years ago.  They will marry couples that do not belong to their churches.  These churches are hard to come by.  I helped her check on & these were the ones we came up with about 2 years ago.  Don't know if there policies have changed.
    Good Luck!  Hope this helps. 
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • RachelOleoRachelOleo member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My fiance is a Catholic and I'm Protestant. You should be able to go through your home parish, like we did. We just had to get dispensation from the bishop of the diocese.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards