Georgia-Savannah

Savannah Anniversary Trip - need hotel suggestions

My husband and I would like to spend our first anniversary in Savannah. We will be driving down from South Carolina.

We would like hotel suggestions.  We will be going in Mid January. 
We looked at the bohemian but it is out of our price range. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Savannah Anniversary Trip - need hotel suggestions

• edited December 2011
    You can check to see if this hotel's deal is during the time you want to come.  They're regularly priced at $349 and have a sale running during January for $99/night.  Unfortunately, they also have a lot of blackout days, but mid-January seems to be pretty wide open.  This is for the Westin: 

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/711638 

It says it on the link, but just to make sure you see it:  to get the deal you must book by Dec. 28!

What is your price range?  That might be helpful to those of us who give suggestions, so we don't suggest a ton of things that are all too expensive.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011

We'd like to stay at something around $150/night or less.

Thanks

• edited December 2011
    Your best bet is probably going to be the first one I posted if you're coming on days that aren't blackout days and want a newer and really stellar hotel with all the amenities.

I know The Planter's Inn on Reynolds Square gave a rate of $139/night for my wedding, but I'm unsure how much more than that their regular rates are.  http://www.savannahplantersinn.com It's a really nice, neat little historic hotel right near River Street.

Past that I can mostly just suggest looking up chain hotels that have locations downtown until you find one in that price range if you want to be downtown/historic district.  Things are a lot less pricey if you choose to stay in Midtown.  There's a brand-new Hampton Inn & Suites that just opened on Abercorn that's under $150/night, for instance.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Hampton Inn on MLK last time we were there - it was AWESOME for a Hampton Inn!  Breakfast was good, the king room was really nice, and their warm cookies every evening really hit the spot.  We were there in the spring and it was $199/night, but I'm sure it's cheaper since it's not peak season. 

Happy Anniversary and have a great trip!
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have some recs in my bio.  If you are wanting to walk around at all, stay east of MLK, west of Lincoln north of Broughton. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards