Ohio-Toledo

Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio

Hi guys! My fiance and I live in central Ohio along with most of our family and friends. I would really love to have our wedding somewhere nearby so that no one has to travel too far, and definitley somewhere within Ohio. I absolutely love the idea of getting married in one of those big, old, wooden barns. We are both sort of country people and they are just so darn pretty lol. My fiances mom said she has always wanted one of those barns and was thinking of having one relocated to there house, which would be perfect for our wedding! However I don't really think that will end up happening. Does anyone know of any great barn venues in Ohio or central Ohio? We also thought about just finding one we really like and asking the owner if they would let us have our wedding there, but that would probably be a last resort. 

Re: Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio

• LaurandNickLaurandNick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    You should probably try the Columbus board if you are looking in central Ohio. I know there is a barn in northwest Ohio, I believe it's in Monclova.
  • They just built a barn to specifically host events in Monclova, Ohio. You can contact "Your Perfect Day" wedding planning  in Perrysburg and they can give you more details or a tour if you would like. I do know that it costs $7500 for one day. If I had that kind of money, I would have gone for that one FOR SURE!
    You can also go to www.thebarnjournal.org and there are a few listed.
    Otherwise, you can look through the next few pages of posts and there are definitely some that other brides have listed that they have checked out.
    I was searching for about a year before I found mine near my hometown in Michigan.
    Good Luck! :)
    marla peggy
  • I apologize. It is $7500 for the weekend (Friday - setup, Saturday - event, Sunday - clean up) On the next page there is a post by "dcatwt" where she lists quite a few barns or rustic venues closer to central Ohio.
    marla peggy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_want-to-have-a-barn-wedding-in-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:2180ab71-61b1-469a-9e52-7fcab0ffcd3fPost:b899fbfc-a24a-4591-8cbb-0a6620d17da2">Re: Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio</a>:
    [QUOTE]They just built a barn to specifically host events in Monclova, Ohio. You can contact "Your Perfect Day" wedding planning  in Perrysburg and they can give you more details or a tour if you would like. I do know that it costs $7500 for one day. If I had that kind of money, I would have gone for that one FOR SURE! You can also go to <a href="http://www.thebarnjournal.org" rel="nofollow">www.thebarnjournal.org</a> and there are a few listed. Otherwise, you can look through the next few pages of posts and there are definitely some that other brides have listed that they have checked out. I was searching for about a year before I found mine near my hometown in Michigan. Good Luck! :)
    Posted by marlapeggy5[/QUOTE]

<div>Marla - would you mind sharing the name of the barn venue in Monclova? thanks!!</div>
  • There is a barn in Monclova (West of Perrysburg).  You can contact Your Perfect Day for more details.  YourPerfectDayLLC@gmail.com
  • It is fairly new so I don't believe it has an official name yet. Some people call it Weckerly Barn because that's the name of the road it is on. You have to contact "Your Perfect Day" wedding planners in Perrysburg to get the details and a tour. Hope this helps! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_want-to-have-a-barn-wedding-in-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:2180ab71-61b1-469a-9e52-7fcab0ffcd3fPost:802a7e17-f050-4721-85f7-d4810776b4db">Re: Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio : Marla - would you mind sharing the name of the barn venue in Monclova? thanks!!
    Posted by kriehl[/QUOTE]
    marla peggy
  • Wood county fair grounds have a few good options that is where I am having mine! They have two good options, one has air a kitchen bathrooms and extra room but it looks more finished inside. The other is an actual barn, dirt floors no air but looks of big doors and windows to open, very rustic. You can use the bathrooms in a building just next to it. They don't typically rent it out for weddings but they will if you ask. Oh, and cheap too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards