African American Weddings

Took my *FREE* Engagement Pics this weekend PIP!! :)

So we weren't planning on doing engagement photos because it wasn't in our budget, but after seeing all these beautiful photos and realizing how FI and had no really nice pics for our wedding website I decided to do some. :) Thanks to my mom who had been suggesting she would take them. (I thought she was joking). My mother took our photos yesterday and of course I have them back already lol! :) Here are some of my favorites. :)

Edit: Forgot about this one of us with the Ring-"Bear"...(my little brother) he kept trying to jump into all of our pics.
and couldn't get this one to load the 1st time.

Re: Took my *FREE* Engagement Pics this weekend PIP!! :)

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    They came out great!  I really love the first pic you posted.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• edited December 2011
    Awww... ur mom did a GREAT job! Nice pics!!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the pic with your ring on the leaf!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    Your Mom did a GREAT job!  Love the pics! Tell her the ladies of AAW think she did a great job!  Is she a professional photographer?
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_took-engagement-pics-this-weekend-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:81b5fde6-3b1e-49c7-89ef-10be7da52bf5Post:4c73ab2a-93e9-4af9-9777-92f968bdc532">Re: Took my *FREE* Engagement Pics this weekend PIP!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your Mom did a GREAT job!  Love the pics! Tell her the ladies of AAW think she did a great job!  <strong>Is she a professional photographer?
    </strong>Posted by MarryingmyKnight[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! She is! :) It's her passion. She specializes in portrait photography. She shoots in her spare time (she's a nurse full time) and has her own business. She enjoys shooting for individuals who wouldn't typically be able to afford milestone pics. i.e. sr. portraits, grad pics, family pics, etc. I have been her trusty assistant for years. lol...I just never thought she would want to take engagment pics. She doesn't shoot weddings although I have shot a wedding with her. She did it for one of my former employees. (shooting a wedding is hard work)
  • edited December 2011
    Kudos to mama! They look awesome! the ring on the leaf is my fav as well
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • rj1821rj1821 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really nice pictures!!  Will she be like a second shooter on your wedding day too even though she doesn't normally shoot weddings?
    One of our Engagement Photos Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Cute pics! Your mom did a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    Those look great! Yay Mom!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Your mom did a really nice job.  The pictures look great.
  • nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

They are really good. She did a fantastic job...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww, beautiful pictures! Your mom did a great job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_took-engagement-pics-this-weekend-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:81b5fde6-3b1e-49c7-89ef-10be7da52bf5Post:393a4aa3-07ca-44de-afe9-ecf95e1cfaf6">Re: Took my *FREE* Engagement Pics this weekend PIP!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really nice pictures!!  Will she be like a second shooter on your wedding day too even though she doesn't normally shoot weddings?
    Posted by rj1821[/QUOTE]

Lol! We talked about that! :) I would rather her sit back and enjoy the wedding instead of "work". Lol but we have realized that is simply a wish on my end. So more than likely she'll be up doing her "thang"!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! :) I shared your comments with her and she's really excited! :)
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are great!!!  Good job mom  :-)

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards