Pre-wedding Parties

What did you do?

One of my bridesmaids has offered to throw me a bachelorette party.
She said that she wants me to come up with ideas for what I'd like to do and to let her know.
I told her I would be perfectly fine with whatever she was thinking,
but she insisted I come up with some ideas to make it special.

So, I'm wondering, what did you all do/ what will you be doing for your bachelorette parties?

Re: What did you do?

• I have planned a few for friends and all have been a blast. For one, we just had a small group play some games at someone's house, potluck dinner and then went out to a fave bar of ours later in the evening.

Another one, we gathered at a friends house for food and chit chat, then went on a party bus around town to various bars. We made iron-on shirts to wear when we went out.

The most recent one I assisted with planning was quite elaborate. At first, we wanted to do a winery tour. The closest winery is only 20 minutes away, but that meant someone had to stay sober to drive everyone there and back. So instead, we did a wine tasting with various chocolates and cheeses. Supper consisted of lasagna, salad, garlic bread and dessert. Normal bachelorette party games were done and then we took a party bus to various bars around town at the end of the night. People still talk about it.

I am currently helping to plan one for a friend and some of my ideas so far are:
    - potluck style for the meal
    - everyone bring a bottle of wine to share (part of a game actually)
    - Lingerie themed (where everyone invited brings something for the bride, also part of a game)
    - Karaoke bar, as the bride LOVES to sing. We have a local place in town that has a side room that you can rent.

You could do something simple like a old-fashioned sleep over, or just dinner and drinks with friends. Go to a movie, see a play, hit up a couple dance clubs, or even do a day spa.
  • Before we got married, we lived in Connecticut where Mohegan Sun and MGM Grand/Foxwoods are not too far away. We took a party bus to Mohegan Sun and went to Margaritaville and one of the dance clubs.

Other b-parties I've been to were a party bus to NYC (about an hour drive from where I grew up), pole dancing classes, hibachi dinner, bar and club hopping, etc..
  • We went on a two day wine tour in Temecula CA. If you like wine, see if there are any wineries nearby that you can do a tour of.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards