Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Very small and budget friendly - any ideas?

Hi Knotties!

I've been engaged for a few months and we are still considering possibilities. One is having a destination wedding on the Cape (we are in driving distance so it's not too bad). We are looking for a spot for just 10 people total. We prefer to rent out an entire inn to keep things private. We have considered having a beach wedding and then a simple dinner at a restaurant but we want to dine privately, not just in a section of a dining room. The issue is our budget which is about $3k total. I feel like we should be able to having something nice but lodging would eat up a lot of the budget if we went this route. I have had an issue with venues taking us seriously because of our budget and size. Many say that it is not financially feasible for them to host such a small wedding.

Sorry for rambling. Any ideas for a budget-friendly intimate wedding on the Cape? We certainly prefer to be near/on the beach. Thanks!

Re: Very small and budget friendly - any ideas?

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Holiday Inn in Falmouth isnt on the beach but they do small weddings & have a secluded gazebo behind the hotel for ceremonys. I have heard that it is affordable. Thats the only one I know of, but maybe try calling some of the hotels & see if they have any small confrence/function rooms they could do a wedding in. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What about renting a big house and having it catered? For only 10 people that is certainly feasible, I would think. You didn't say when you are thinking of, but I know many rentals have week minimums during the summer, but after labor day they are much  more willing to work with you.

Try www.vrbo.com and www.homeaway.com for house rentals if you are interested in going that route.

• Options
    ergrangerergranger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a very small wedding at the Chatham Bars Inn. We reserved the Seaview room which was beautiful and sits up to 25 people. Our food was fabulous and the entire event cost under 2K. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I will definitely check out these places. I like the idea of renting a house on the beach.
  • Options
    sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CHECK OUT BOURNEDALE FUNCTION FACILITY!!!I  It's awesome... a former summer camp on a pond with a great hall, pond front grass ceremony site, kayaks and canoes and a bonfire after the reception.
    Your guests can also rent cottages and stay over the weekend and it is all reallllly reasonable. 
    The entrance is a baseball field and tennis area and seems like you wont be too impressed... but then you pull in and things change....very sweet and homey and casual  but fun...

I went to a wedding there a few weeks ago. Beautiful!   They have sunk a ton on money into it and it is ready to go and awesome... very great place and be sure to not miss it before you decide.   www.capefunctions.com.  They have a new manager and he was also super nice... 

check it out and see what you think   !!!!

• Options
    sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops, i did not see your 10 person part of the post... Maybe Belfrey Inn and Bistro In Sandwich...Or the Beach Breeze in In Falmouth... 
  • Options
    ceshakceshak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also reccomend CBI - we just book a 15 person wedding there for next May! Kate is wonderful and made us feel important when showing us around, even though we are a teeny wedding (compared to what they usually do!) We are renting out the seaview room ($200 offseason, $400 memorial day - labor day) and planning a beach ceremony (can rent chairs from CBI for $5 each) also, to do a beach ceremony at CBI private beach costs $250 (offseason, i think $500 on) but kate told me we could get a permit and do it 1/2 mile down the road at lighthouse beach as well - we checked it out, its gorgeous!

the resort id beautiful and the staff all helpful. plus you are in one of the cutest towns on the cape, close to everything :) DEFINITELY check it out!!
  • Options
    shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beach breeze inn in falmouth  or provincetown inn in p-town
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards