Wedding Party

Getting all the nieces and nephews involved

Hi Everyone-

I am newly engaged (yay!) and we are planning our wedding for August 2012. My finance is a Lieutenant in the Army and is gearing up for deployment right after Christmas this year. The military is a huge part of our lives and we will be having a military wedding.

My fiance has 4 nephews and 2 nieces and we really want them to all be a part of our wedding party. Here is what we are thinking now:

His oldest nephew (will be 11) will be a Jr. Groomsman
His oldest niece (will be 9) will be a Jr. Bridesmade
His youngest niece (will be 6) will be the Flower girl
His nephew that will be 5 will be the ring bearer.

That leaves 2 nephews (who will be 4 and 6) that don't have a role yet. We want them to have a really special role because they are also his two God-Sons. What else could their role be in our wedding?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Getting all the nieces and nephews involved

• If you're looking or a "better" job for them, showing favoritism between cousins who are 4,5,6 seems is a bad idea, but if you're looking for a different job for them, there's nothing wrong with multiple ring bearers or flower girls.
  • Yeah, that is a good point, we definitely don't want to hurt any feelings. I'm just wondering if it will look silly to have 1 flower girl and 3 ring bearers. 
  • No, it wouldn't.  And even if it did, is the look of the wedding more important than the feelings of three little kids?  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • It's fine.  I would send all four of the down the aisle together; I think it increases the chances that they'll all get through it without a meltdown, and since a herd of kids is a herd of kids, it will diminish any perceived balance or symmetry issues.  Then they can just be seated with their parents or another designated adult during the ceremony.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • My FSIL had a "herd of kids" as Aerin called it and it was fine. Kind of cute actually =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards