Delaware

From MD, but need DE rehearsal dinner venues

Hi. I currently live in Maryland, but we're having a Delaware wedding. (we're both from NY, but my FI went to UD and we just liked DE venues better!)

Our ceremony is at St. Thomas the Apostle in Wilmington, (downtown I think), and our reception is at Harry's Savoy. It's not till 6/3/2011 so we have time.

Neither of us are familiar with the area so I was looking for some help from you DE knotties for rehearsal venues. Something casual is fine. I just want to relax with friends, family, and wine!

(And I'm LOVING this tax free business!!!! Saves a lot of money! Thanks DE!)
Anniversary

Re: From MD, but need DE rehearsal dinner venues

• edited December 2011
    We are having our RD at Buckley's Tavern, in Centerville.  It was our first choice, and we thought we had missed the boat until FI called and whoever had it dropped the reservation!  Usually, it reserves a year or more in advance.

I love it because it's got a rustic, laidback feel that can be gussied up if need be.  Food isn't horrible in price (around the same as say, Iron Hill), and I was happy to find out that they will do a limited menu of our choice (we can do that, the regular menu, or a specialty menu).  It's a really awesome spot.

A couple others to consider are Washington Street Ale House, Iron Hill, Stewart's Pub, Big Fish Grill, Six Paupers, Mrs. Robino's, Cafe Napoli...can you tell I like the pub feel to a place?  Anyway, those are known in this area for doing decent bridal shower/rehearsal dinner events.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Iron Hill Brewery.

• edited December 2011
    Pescatore's on 202 is really good.  Very fresh, home made italian food.  I think they have a private room too.
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in NY? I'm an Islander myself therefore I can't help you with your question but I have to agree with the huge savings down here in DE. I must be saving my bms $30 each on their dresses alone with the discount I'm getting and the no tax! No such thing in NY. Good luck.

eta-btw welcome to the board.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I've heard of most of those places, but didn't know how they were. The in-laws are coming the end of May and we're going to go look at places. Hopefully it won't be too late!

Mattsbride10- I'm from East Meadow. NY is too expensive and crowded, so I'm staying here in MD!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Harry's Seafood Grill, Union city Grill, Capers and Lemons.  All great food and all three are in different locations with different types of menus.  I think you will be fine as far as time goes we just booked ours a few weeks ago for this August. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_md-but-need-de-rehearsal-dinner-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:13e4fe5b-8e7c-42c1-ba1e-534b7f0b1d0cPost:dc435cf9-d8f6-41ed-bc7b-271b80331e44">Re: From MD, but need DE rehearsal dinner venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pescatore's on 202 is really good.  Very fresh, home made italian food.  I think they have a private room too.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pescatore's has a private room.  We looked at it for my brothers rehearsal dinner back in 2007.  Their Tartufo is orgasmic!
  • edited December 2011
    My RD was at Cafe Napoli.  They don't have a minimum and their food is delish and very inexpensive. 
    Other places are Lamberti's Cucina (2 places), Six Paupers, Timothy's, Iron Hill Brewery, Cafe Gelato, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards