Canada-Vancouver

Okanagan Weddings

Hi OK people!  I thought I'd start a post where soon-to-be brides can post about their Okanagan weddings!

I'm getting married at Summerhill Pyramid Winery in Kelowna, on May 29, 2011.

If you are getting married in the Kelowna area I have researched tons of resources on everything from decorators, tent rentals, bridal gowns, marriage officiants, florists, cupcakeries...

Wow, maybe I should be a wedding planner!  I'm having waaay too much fun with this

Re: Okanagan Weddings

• AmberfinchAmberfinch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am getting married in the Okanagan in May of next year...We are so lucky to live here!! I would love some of your info regarding some of the services that are available around this area as i'm just getting started and am overwhelmed already. lol....Laughing
  • allanderallander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in the Okanagan (naramata, specifically), this upcoming labour day. I have most things under control but still need to organize flowers. If you have any tips send them my way! Also if you need any info. regarding vendors in the Penticton area I'd be happy to help :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies,

I'm getting married this summer (July 3rd) in Kelowna!  I too am very lucky to have lived here all my life!
    What are you ladies doin as far as a rehersal dinner?
    I was thinking of having it very casual at the pub that's in the hotel where we are staying.  Just son't see spending another small fortune on the rehersal dinner...
    Any other ideas?

Cheers.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be having mine at Bogner's of Penticton (who will also be doing the catering for my wedding). Their food is amazing and we are able to work with them put together a menu that is to our tastes and within our budget.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A wedding I went to last year had a bbq down at a local beach! Was tons of fun and easy on the bank. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Again Ladies,

Question.
    We are having our ceremony at the Elysium Gardens where there is no power.
    Our current plan is to have a stereo running on batteries to play our music.
    Any suggestions on inexpensive live music?
    Thanks for your help!
  • canadagkcanadagk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies
    I'm getting married up at Silverstar (Vernon) April 2011! I live in Vancouver so I'd love any information anyone has to share!
  • JessandRossJessandRoss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gettin married in the Okanagan on June 26th of this year. We're having a super small ceremony/reception at the Benvoulin Heritage church (70 people coming!) with a stand up outdoor tapas reception. It's a beautiful little church, and you get the whole day (9 am-12 pm) plus the evening before for your rehearsal included in your rental. AND it has air conditioning (yay!)
  • JessandRossJessandRoss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hire a violinist. The Kelowna Community Music School has some great teachers/performers, and for an hour you can expect to pay $100-200 for live music, depending on their years of experience and what they'll be playing.
  • edited December 2011
    no power music solution.
    we bought an inexpencive Ipod doc speaker thing from best buy last year to take camping with us. I think it was around $100 or so. On a full charge it plays all night and the sound quality was similar to the $400+ bose speakers. It's not SUPER loud, so I guess it depends on how large your wedding is, but we're planning on using ours for our wedding of 80 people and I know it will be pefect for our small party.
    I hope that helps a little.
    have fun!
  • stepnerstepner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

hey ciaoaj...i just got married May 28th, 2010 at Summerhill Pyramid Winery! it was amazing! it sounds like you've got your planning all under wraps but let me know if i can give you any suggestions or tips! :)

and if anyone else needs any recommendations, i was super happy with my venue, DJ, marriage commissioner, florist, salon and especially photographer (jessica balfour...check her out!!) so i'd be happy to give more details.

we had our rehearsal at our resort (Casa Loma) and it was so perfect. just a casual BBQ, enjoying the beautiful scenery...i think that's the way to go!

happy planning! all of our guests were OOT and they could not get over how spectacular the okanagan was!

• canadagkcanadagk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which DJ are people using. I was recommended one but having trouble contacting them.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Affordable Music out of Penticton for ours.
    The DJ himself is the host on Sun FM's morning show!
  • Sarah0414Sarah0414 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married in Osoyoos in September this year. We are going to Affordable Quality Music out of Penticton. Heard really good things!
  • Bluey815Bluey815 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!  I'm getting married at Summerhill Pyramid Winery on August 27 of this year.  I can't wait, I LOVE the venue and it's going to be amazing!

I have everything under control except one last thing--we need to find a place to stay the night of the wedding, since we're not leaving for our honeymoon until a couple of days after.  Anyone know of a good honeymoon suite in the North Okanagan, between Kelowna and Vernon?  We'd like something that is somewhat secluded (at least not right in town).  Any recommendations??
  • MirandaaschMirandaasch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged and have been looking around at venues, etc. The one thing that has me floored is photography prices. Any ideas on a decent, affordable photographer?
  • kristykoehlerkristykoehler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Kristy - I'm a wedding planner here in the Okanagan. Have co-ordinated, decorated and planned many gorgeous weddings here, including my own (which incidentally was harder than doing anyone else's). I've lived here my whole life and have a great knowledge of local vendors, venues, and such.
    My website is http://www.images-weddings.com Feel free to contact me via the site with any questions - I'd be glad to help you all out.

Kristy
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Meg Courtney Photography. She is my best friend and just getting started in photography, but she is AWESOME, and affordable!!! 

• edited December 2011
    Has anyone had or heard a band play at Summerhill Winery? I am thinking of getting one for me wedding there in Sept, but just wanted to make sure the sound is ok?! Also for any other ideas/tips for Summerhill, that would be great, Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey having trouble finding GOOD affordable photography in the okanogan. We are getting married south of penticton and have yet be be impressed by any local photographers. Maybe its just because we are spoiled living at the coast with so many options, but so far it seems to be quality or affordablilty in the okanogan where we could get both here. Any one know of good photography (semi-editorial style) in the 2000$ range in penticton or kelowna?

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards