Wedding Invitations & Paper

White text on Coloured Envelopes/labels??

Has anyone mailed with White text on Coloured Envelopes/labels?? I am mailing both USPS and Canada Post. I cannot seem to find any info on either website as to whether ink must be black. We have white envelopes, but purple coloured labels with white knock-out text. Will these be able to go through ok? Has only mailed with white on colour and can provide feedback?

Thanks!!

Re: White text on Coloured Envelopes/labels??

• As long as the addresses can be read, it shouldn't be a problem. People use a variety of colored inks, colored envelopes, etc, all the time. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have return address labels that are blue with white knocked out text that were sold by Vista Print. I think you should be fine. If you're really worried you could try talking to someone at the post office. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • thanks ladies! yes, i asked at the post office she said she had no idea and had never been asked (helpful)... i have sent myself a trial. we shall see. 
  • Just as long as there is enough contrast to see the text!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Invitations should be hand addressed or run directly through the printer - no labels.  Can you print directly on the envelopes in purple ink?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_white-text-on-coloured-envelopeslabels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8707c926-da80-43d3-a9ad-c687d479e6e2Post:bbff9471-e427-4904-9fbd-e439682b66a5">Re: White text on Coloured Envelopes/labels??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Invitations should be hand addressed or run directly through the printer - no labels.  Can you print directly on the envelopes in purple ink?
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]

<div>These are actually the save the dates.. so I think it can be a little less formal :) </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • UPDATE: They worked! Two were received today (the others were going to the other side of the country so presumably take longer). So if anyone is wondering in general, yes, you can have white text on coloured labels. 
  • Thank you for posting this. I'm thinking about using black envelopes with white calligraphy for a party and was wondering the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards