Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

OMFG "Big Easy Brides??!?!?!?!"

This show is abominable and a disgrace and makes us all look so bad. 

OMG.  WE TV.  (Local channel 353 if you're using Cox).  

I am so embarrassed. 

ETA: and just to edit, they all seem to be OOT brides at some chapel.  This isn't like we're all wacky.

Re: OMFG "Big Easy Brides??!?!?!?!"

• Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah my mom read about it in the paper i think. I don't get that with our cable package,but doesn't take place at that 24 hr wedding chapel on Burgundy?

My FI gets it I'll have to tell him to record it so I can see it.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That show was beyond ridiculous! It takes place at the French Quarter Wedding Chapel. That place and the people who work there are just sad (IMO). Plus, their so called "wedding planner" needs to be slapped for the nasty attitude she carries around. The only one who looked even remotely normal is the musician girl. I can't believe I got sucked into that train wreck. They definately capitalize on the worst people who show up at that 24 hour chapel. The sad thing is I've seen pics online of nice quick elopements that took place there and they were nothing like what they have shown so far. 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha I've been waiting for someone to comment on that! It was ridiculous. I like how they keep showing the nice beautiful shot of the Cathedral at the start of each segment, and then the actual feature of the show is nothing but one trashy disaster after another. My mom text me afterwards saying she hopes my FMIL didn't watch that show for fear she would think that's what my destination wedding would end up like. That being said, I'm sure I'll watch again next week for the amusement value!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I know Rev. Tony and he is a really nice man, this show is AWFUL! Marrying cousins? Trailer Park Wedding? Seriously? yuck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can watch the show on Hulu.com if you don't get WE.  I checked it out because when I heard there was a reality show about New Orleans weddings I was worried it would drive up the costs (even more!) for my French Quarter wedding but after seeing it, I'm not so worried.  Its ridiculous (and most of it appears staged).  But it was good for a laugh. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's like the Jersey Shore of LA! Well, whether it be good or bad, hopefully it helps increase tourism!
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this why our RSVP's arent's coming back????!?
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course they have someone on there from Chalmette getting married in a trailer park and leaving when there is no alcohol.... just what our sterotype is.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol all of those were staged, I had a friend who was on there with her FI. :-p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What?!? Are you saying those vampires weren't real? Hahaha. This show is too ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards