Military Brides
Options

Thirsty Thursday and some questions

It's 5am and I'm already thinking about a glass of wine tonight.. sad? probably, but true!

Any favorite drink recipes?

1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing
2. Favorite lunch meat?
3. What was the last thing you ate?
4. Favorite smells?
5. Last person you talked to on the phone?
6. Book you're currently reading?
7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
8. Were you named after anyone?
9. Do you like your handwriting?
10. Favorite subject in school?
Photobucket

Re: Thirsty Thursday and some questions

• Options
    No recipes really, because I like recipes when I cook, but when I want to drink.. I just want to drink.  Sweet Tea and FireFly is my go to liquor drink, and if I'm drinking beer.. it better be Rolling Rock.

Pink and Black polk-a-dot socks and my grey and pink Nikes.
    2. Favorite lunch meat?
    Blazin Buffalo Chicken.. Soo yummy.
    I'm ashamed to admit it..  but I had a cajun chicken buscuit from Bojangles.  I had a moment of weakness and I couldn't resist. 
    4. Favorite smells?
    A new book, laundry from the dryer, Christmas trees (though I'm allergic so I light Christmas Tree scented candles), and cookies baking.
    H woke me up at some point and I said "Shh.. I'm sleeping"
    Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson.
    Some shade of pink.. probably with glitter in it.
    My Grandparents, Sammy & Joe (But I don't spell my Sammy that way.)
    I sure do.. It's bubbly and loopy.. much like me.
    History. Hands down.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
       None

2. Favorite lunch meat?
        Sun dried tomato turkey

Sushi mmmm!!

4. Favorite smells?
         Pretty much any food, fresh-cut grass, my FI

My FI last night before I went to bed

None, but I'm going to start the second book in "The Hunger Game" series when I'm flying home on Friday

Shocking-pink

Not my first, but my middle name is my mom's. And I plan on using it for my first daughter if we have one.

I suppose

Psychology, in high school and college (duh college cuz that was my major). Specifically in college psychology courses, developmental and abnormal psych
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing? Barefoot baby :)
    2. Favorite lunch meat? Ehh.. it needs to be freshly sliced - I HATE prepackaged meats. Too salty. I can always go for a nice roasted turkey or a honeybacked ham. And sliced chicken any day is amazing in my book.
    3. What was the last thing you ate? a Snackwell Protein bar.
    4. Favorite smells? The beach - I love love love that salty fresh ocean air, Fresh Cut grass & flowers, my stinky FI, fresh baked goodies.
    5. Last person you talked to on the phone? My mommy!
    6. Book you're currently reading? I'm not reading anything atm.
    7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Hmm.. I don't know! Maybe turquoise or coral pink.
    8. Were you named after anyone? Nope.
    9. Do you like your handwriting? Most of the time.
    10. Favorite subject in school? History/English. I can hammer out a paper in no time baby. College - I really enjoyed psychology/philosophy and still loved history.

Edit: Drink recipes: I don't really have anything. I love the classics. I don't like really creating new drinks - FI does tho. I just tend to go with what I know I like. Vodka and Lemonade in the summer or Cranberry and Vodka. Hot apple cider and Sailor Jerrys in the winter. And a margarita anytime! I actually really don't like beer. And I drink wine year round.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing? White ankle socks and purple and gray zignano Reeboks. 2. Favorite lunch meat? Turkey 3. What was the last thing you ate? One of my mother's amazing banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this morning. Soooo good. 4. Favorite smells? Rain, food in the oven, FI right after a shower :) haha 5. Last person you talked to on the phone? FI last night. 6. Book you're currently reading? Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. It's pretty sacreligious but it is too funny and makes a lot of funny references. This is actually the third time I've started to read this book. Everytime I get distracted. I'm finishing it this time though! 7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple! 8. Were you named after anyone? Not that I am aware of. 9. Do you like your handwriting? It could be worse, but it could be neater. It doesn't bother me much. 10. Favorite subject in school? In high school it was Math. Now it's health sciences--Anatomy, biology, etc.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Any favorite drink recipes?  I am a huge fan of the Malibu and Sprite with a spash of lime. As far as I know it doesn’t have a name.

Black flats and panty hose. I hate wearing hose, but it is just too cold not to.
    2. Favorite lunch meat?
    I dislike most kinds of lunch meat… to me they all taste the same. But then again I only buy the pre packaged stuff
    Arby’s!
    4. Favorite smells?
    Fresh Rain, Leather, Pine Trees…
    FI!
    Nothing. Now that  I have time I need to start reading again.
    Bright Pink.
    Um… Nope.
    Um..Nope. I am left handed and I am pretty sure that has something to do with it.

At the risk of sounding completely nerdy…. My programming classes, it was like a giant computer game that you had to figure out.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any favorite drink recipes? 
    -malibu with pineapple juice, oolong tea with peach schnapps, These are the 2 I could think of right now, but they are so delicious! Margarita all the time too and wine, love moscato wine. I'm not much of a beer person. 

-I'm not wearing any right now
    2. Favorite lunch meat?
    -honey ham
    -dinner last night, I made a Filipino style steak with rice. H loved it. 
    4. Favorite smells?
    -floral, fruity, food, my H
    -my ILs
    -I'm still rereading number 2 Sami! I stopped when I away for the holidays
    -purple! It's not my #1 favorite color, but it's just so vibrant
    -I have 2 first names because Filipinos are weird like that and our middle name is our mother's maiden name. lol My 2nd first name is a mixture of my parents' names. 
    -NO. I have always hated it, it's so ugly. 
    -When I was younger it used to be History, and as I got older I really started liking Health Sciences, ie Biology, A&P, didn't really like Microbio though. I also thought Sociology was quite an interesting subject. 
  • Options
    Any favorite drink recipes? Yes!!! You need an unopened bottle of wine, any kind will do. 1. Open the bottle. 2. Pour a glass 3. Drink!! teehee. :) No seriously, I never make mixed drinks but there are some cute ones on Pinterest!

1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing Barefoot!
    2. Favorite lunch meat? Truly, probably hard salami but we never buy it. 
    3. What was the last thing you ate? The orange that Mrs. Claus left in my stocking. Trying to convince H to make breakfast but it's not going well. 
    4. Favorite smells? Campfire, smoker, citrus, H's cologne
    5. Last person you talked to on the phone? My mom. Actually got some sad family news so if anyone has a T or P floating around....
    6. Book you're currently reading? Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
    7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? One guess ladies. Chartreuse green!! Alltime fav
    8. Were you named after anyone? I was not, but my mom's initials are PM so she wanted me to be AM. 
    9. Do you like your handwriting? Eh, sometimes. I don't dot my 'i's but I've also sort of lost the ability to make an R look like an R so....
    10. Favorite subject in school? Biology
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Irish- You can have a T & a P!! Are you liking the Cleopatra book?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_thirsty-thursday-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:52ba0369-57ee-4e99-bc73-83fab5a72b74Post:dd8a2ad2-0c00-43fd-ac6c-9d99824eaabf">Re: Thirsty Thursday and some questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish- You can have a T & a P!! Are you liking the Cleopatra book?
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    Thanks SJ! Yeah I'm liking it. It's verrry historical/fact driven so i have to reread a lot of stuff to grasp it but its' super interesting!! Youd probably freaking love it! :)
  • Options
    Ts and Ps for you Irish!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I probably would!! I lovee stuff like that!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    T &P's for you Irish - also I love the fact that your mom is a PM and you're an AM. That is awesome in my book.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mornin' beautiful ladies!

Any favorite drink recipes?Irish took my recipe! LOL!

1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing: Black flats, no socks. It is a rare thing that I am wearing black shoes, because my shoes are almost always colorful!

2. Favorite lunch meat?: SAMI!!! That's my favorite, too! (Blazin Buffalo Chicken).  

3. What was the last thing you ate?: I was sooo bad! I had a Big Mac last night! Oh the horror! :/

4. Favorite smells?: Fresh cut grass, Christmas trees (I buy a few candles around this time of year to make sure I can have that smell year round! I'm burning one right now in my office :)) Men's cologne (Also have a few candles that smell like a man lying around) and Winter Candy Apple by Bath and Body Works.

5. Last person you talked to on the phone?: A parent who is coming into the office today to have a supervised visit with her son.

6. Book you're currently reading?: NONE! I need to get started on one!

7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?: A deep shade of purple

8. Were you named after anyone? My dad's adoptive mother. I don't call her Grandma, because she was an awful person.

9. Do you like your handwriting?: Most of the time, its very fancy when cursive, and very sharp when it's normal. But, I have my lazy hand days, and that's when it looks like crapola.

10. Favorite subject in school?: History

ETA: I forgot to mention my T&Ps for Irish! <3
  • Options
    Any favorite drink recipes? Sex on the beach and Vodka tonic. Oh and the milkshake one I shared a few weeks ago

1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing None
    2. Favorite lunch meat? Roast Beef
    3. What was the last thing you ate? Chocolate covered peanuts last night (sick yesterday and today so I just woke up)
    4. Favorite smells? Floral mostly
    5. Last person you talked to on the phone? FI
    6. Book you're currently reading? Married to the Military
    7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? PINK! :)
    8. Were you named after anyone? Nope
    9. Do you like your handwriting? Yes but not enough to address STDs and Invites. It looks nice but wouldn't after 140
    10. Favorite subject in school? My advertising classes
  • Options
     What color shoes/socks are you wearing I'm not wearing any... I'm barefoot.
    2. Favorite lunch meat? I like rotissery style chicken.
    3. What was the last thing you ate? a peanut granola bar
    4. Favorite smells? I love the smell of a homecooked meal
    5. Last person you talked to on the phone? texting: my friend, phone call: my Grandpa
    6. Book you're currently reading? The Math book for my class, I'm trying to understand how to teach area
    7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? beautiful pink
    8. Were you named after anyone? yes, kinda.. I don't want to talk about it.
    9. Do you like your handwriting? yes
    10. Favorite subject in school? I'm an English and Language nerd. I also love Music.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OK I am back.  Hanging head I have not turned on my computer all week with the exception of Christmas day to Skype with H and we were able to talk for over 2 hours.  Thank goodness I have facebook on my phone. 

1. What color shoes/socks are you wearing?  None.  I am barefoot
    2. Favorite lunch meat? Cajun Turkey and Honey Baked Ham
    3. What was the last thing you ate? Honey baked Ham.  I am sad it was the last of the ham!
    4. Favorite smells? This new candle that I got called Marshmellow Peppermint from Bath and Body Works.
    5. Last person you talked to on the phone? my mom
    6. Book you're currently reading? I have not started a new one yet.  My last class which is the worst starts on Jan 9th so I doubt I will be reading a lot of things other than my school books. 
    7. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? bright pink
    8. Were you named after anyone? my mom's best friend
    9. Do you like your handwriting? some days yes but other days not so much it depends if I am in a hurry or not.
    10. Favorite subject in school? American Govt
  • Options
    Oh thirsty Thursday...hoping to have a drink tonight. :)

No socks. Black flats.
    2. Favorite lunch meat?
    Deli Turkey
    Banana
    4. Favorite smells?
    VS Pink Fresh & Clean lotion and my FI
    David's Bridal. Hoping to exchange my dress. *fingers crossed*
    Breaking Dawn. (Don't judge! haha)
    Teal or Dark Teal!
    A character off of Days of Our Lives
    Sometimes, if I write neatly. I wish it was neater though.
    History and English!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards