Wedding Party

What title would this person receive in the program?

I am not having a ring bearer, but a young boy carrying a "here comes the bride"/just married" sign. What would his title be in the program?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What title would this person receive in the program?

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    You can call him the sign bearer.  I'm with Brook on this though.  If you were looking for a job for a young family member and ring bearer were already taken, I could see doing this.  Otherwise, why?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_title-would-this-person-receive-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9cfa85a0-4340-48f2-821e-2ceb731daa8fPost:2a002c57-4ed4-4c86-8091-47b280d29a90">What title would this person receive in the program?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not having a ring bearer, but a young boy carrying a "here comes the bride"/just married" sign. What would his title be in the program?
    Posted by bonitatinabina143[/QUOTE]

ditto brooke.  I guess the answer to your question would be "Banner Carrier".

Now I'll ask a follow up question:  Why?  I think that a here comes the bride/just married banner is among the biggest, silliest waste of money in an industry that encourages more wasted money than there was oil spilled in the gulf.

It is so incredibly AW-ish to have a sign announcing two things that the guests at the wedding will clearly know, without explanatory signage, that I just can't wrap my head around it.

Besides, it looks like the front of thehigh school  marching band at the Memorial Day parade.  Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • You could also call him a "Page or page boy" which would have been a young child to serve for royalty years ago.  And, if you like the idea, keep it!!!!  Don't let a few snarky brides chase you off an idea you are excited about!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_title-would-this-person-receive-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9cfa85a0-4340-48f2-821e-2ceb731daa8fPost:95b816c7-35e4-46f3-932c-19231ed25c7c">Re: What title would this person receive in the program?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could also call him a "Page or page boy" which would have been <strong>a young child to serve for royalty years ago</strong>.  And, if you like the idea, keep it!!!!  Don't let a few snarky brides chase you off an idea you are excited about!!! 
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

Haha - After this, I just picture some poor, beaten child walking down the aisle with your banner hoping that he's doing it right because if not you will beat him some more.  If you are really excited about the idea then do it; however I will point out that if I were a guest, and saw this, I would laugh at you a lot. I would also probably talk behind your back with other guests to see "what is up with the weird banner thing."
    Anniversary
  • "Child Attendant" or just simply "Attendant"
  • Some of you are so ridiculous with your snotty posts.  Oh let me guess, you were just being honest and trying to help OP, right?!  Please...

OP - I like pp's idea of "Child Attendant."  The only other thing I can think of is "Banner Attendant" or like pp said, even just "Attendant" would work, too.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • It wasn't snotty, it was sarcastic.  Snotty would be saying, "That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard."  I said nothing of the sort.  I genuinely cannot fathom why you would have a child carry signs like that at a wedding.  I think she might regret this part of the wedding.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_title-would-this-person-receive-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9cfa85a0-4340-48f2-821e-2ceb731daa8fPost:8258fb44-4a48-455f-850f-414acbc0b83b">Re: What title would this person receive in the program?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some of you are so ridiculous with your snotty posts.  Oh let me guess, you were just being honest and trying to help OP, right?!  Please... OP - I like pp's idea of "Child Attendant."  The only other thing I can think of is "Banner Attendant" or like pp said, even just "Attendant" would work, too.   
    Posted by leeshab1982[/QUOTE]

Nope, I gave an answer.  Then after my perfectly good answer, I was just expressing my opinion.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Wow, some of you are ridiculous in what you think is "snotty." All I saw was a question asked, and folks giving their opinion (just as the OP asked). Sheesh.

And I agree that "Attendant" is probably best. It doesn't sound quite as lame as "banner carrier," lol.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Okay, please let me know if I'm going crazy.

tldh says she agrees with Brooke, but Brooke didn't post before her in this thread.  Did something get deleted?

I agree that I'm also not a fan of kids carrying banners in the wedding.  People know the bride is coming.  You don't really need a huge sign announcing it. 

But, if you really like the idea, I would just stick with attendant.
  • Whoa, what happened to my post?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I was wondering what happened to Brooke's post too. I think I can guess the gist of it though. And I agree with Brooke if my assumptions are correct.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm the first to admit it was snarkier than how I would normally respond, so that's probably why.  Wasn't mean though.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• filawfilaw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    If you like the banner idea, stick with it.  I wouldn't laugh, and I wouldn't talk behind your back.  Besides, you can't fret yourself with what snarky guests may or may not think is silly and make fun of you behind your back for it.  If they're so snarky to get worked up over a sign, then they'll find something to mock no matter what you do.  It's not like having a kid carry a sign is hurting anyone, or could be considered rude or inconsiderate in any way.

I also think Page is pretty cute.
  • I just attended a wedding that had a little girl and little boy do that and it was adorable! They were listed as "bride presenter" in the program
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You seriously believe that people need a sign to know you are coming?  The big white dress will generally tip them off.  

If you really don't think that the average person is going to laugh at this ridiculously pompous move, you must be way too wrapped up in wedding magazines.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards