Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Looking for DJ recommendations

I am seeking DJ recommendations. Price is most certainly a factor. I do not need or want a light show or fog or gimmicks. I am seeking a DJ who can emcee and will play the music my wedding party would like. We are simple people but we take our music seriously! :-)

All recommendations are welcome! Thank you!
Started TTC July 2011 Dx wt Infertlity NOS Aug 2012 RE appt Sep 2012

Re: Looking for DJ recommendations

• Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only met with the one DJ that we decided to go with because I had seen him at a few weddings and knew we wanted him. He can do something as simple ad just play music and emcee but he is more commonly known for being over the top and having tons of energy, he even has costumes he puts on for effect, if the bride/groom want that. he may not be what you are looking for but it's Chris Birkett from Birkett Entertainment. He has been doing this for 15 or so years.

Another DJ we had heard great things about when we were looking is Ray the DJ, but I heard he rarely goes to weddings anymore, his hired DJs mostly do the weddings so you might want to see if the person you are meeting with will be the DJ at your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ray the DJ, but the PP is correct, he has a team of DJs under him.  He still does weddings every weekend (or most) but he books up really quikley.  I spoke with him and told him what I was looking for and he matched me up with a DJ that met that.  When I lived in Phoenix I used his services for many of my events and I really liked all of his DJs. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are many great recs from the ladies on this board.  I have a tight budget and found that many of the DJs were higher in price.  So I wanted to recommend Chris with Zandervix.  It's his own business, he does DJing as a side job and has been doing it for about 15 years.  He was very easy to talk with and very professional.  Our wedding is in a few months and I plan to post a review after.  But my experience with him so far has been excellent.  He charges $300 for 4 hours and includes lighting, we are having him for ceremony and a reception totalling about 6 hours and the price is $500.  HTH :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DJ  Ray Martinez.  His website is www.djraymar.com
    I interviewed a few companies and found his prices reasonable and he was extremely nice and down to earth.  He was willing to work with me on a payment plan also.  Also...he even went out of his way to meet me halfway at a starbucks to talk about his services.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly reccomend Teffanie with Face the Music.  She was FABULOUS, and I think is like $799 for 4 hours.

She was wonderful, lots of previous knotties have used her and loved her!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    drcrittendendrcrittenden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    earlier in the boards, I posted something about vendor recommendations.. I used Just Weddings. The PP is a little different for me because I knew him from elsewhere, but he really did a fantastic job and to me, the DJ really makes the party. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you to everyone who responded.
    Started TTC July 2011 Dx wt Infertlity NOS Aug 2012 RE appt Sep 2012
  • Options
    libra5979libra5979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jason Christopher - Muscleman Music. We got a ton of recomendations for him, and now I understand why. He is outstanding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards