Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

The song i thought of to walk down the aisle...input please

I couldn't  tell you why i thought of this song but i did.  I have been thinking of walking down the aisle to Edelweiss. Andre Reiu does a really good instrumental version of this song from the movie Sound of Music. Please tell me your thoughts on this what seems like such an important decision in my mind at the moment. Thanks in advance

Re: The song i thought of to walk down the aisle...input please

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard it used as a processional before but it's a beautiful song.  And the lyrics seem to make sense with you seeing your groom as you walk down the aisle and him seeing you.  Even if you did the instrumental version people might be singing the lyrics in their head (I know I would!).
  • edited December 2011
    im usually very decisive, barely taking any time at all to make a decision ...so far this is the only thing that has me really thinking...
    thanks for your input
  • edited December 2011
    I think it sounds lovely. I know a girl who walked down the aisle to that song from Princess Bride....the movie, I think it's called Storybook Love or something like that....the instrumental version.
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the input Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Walk down the aisle to what makes you smile. I have to say that I love your idea. I have so many happy memories tied up with the Sound of Music, where I learned the song, and I get chills when I hear Christopher Plummer singing Edelweiss. I haven't heard Andre Reui's version, but I'm going to look for it. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards