Snarky Brides

Tell me about your sucky gifts!

We didn't trade gifts this year b/c of the cat and b/c I don't have a job (LOL) but my mom gave us homemade candy, which by no means sucks, but I am starting my Insanity diet tomorrow so no candy for me!

Anyway tell me about you odd/sucky gifts!

Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!

• I got a set of Screwdrivers. Thanks?
  • Haha do you like fixing things?
  • No. And we have 3 toolboxes. And the people who gave them to me know that. It was very odd.
  • I got a can opener.  I mean I need one but it's an odd Christmas gift.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL sounds like they went to Walgreens last minute!
  • It wasn't a sucky gift exactly, but I was a little...sad/disappointed/I don't know with a couple of my gifts. Most revolved around babies, which would have been fine later in the pregnancy but I'm still very paranoid/worried so it wasn't "oh yay!" like others things would have been.
    Sil also bought us 3 houses, 2 characters and trees for a Christmas village. While part of me was excited because they aren't cheap, the other part of me really wanted to pick out our Christmas village ourselves and it's not exactly the look I would have decided on. We'll use them and I'll be grateful, but it kind of took the fun out of putting together our village piece by piece. I know that sounds bratty but I don't know how to better describe it.
  • Ha well at least you can use the can opener!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:8ea6e2a2-e48c-48ff-afb3-21716c60a15d">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't a sucky gift exactly, but I was a little...sad/disappointed/I don't know with a couple of my gifts. Most revolved around babies, which would have been fine later in the pregnancy but I'm still very paranoid/worried so it wasn't "oh yay!" like others things would have been. Sil also bought us 3 houses, 2 characters and trees for a Christmas village. While part of me was excited because they aren't cheap, the other part of me really wanted to pick out our Christmas village ourselves and it's not exactly the look I would have decided on. We'll use them and I'll be grateful, but it kind of took the fun out of putting together our village piece by piece. I know that sounds bratty but I don't know how to better describe it.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    Aww I understand!
  • I got a baseball cap. From my mom. Oh, and a sweater that used to be hers. I'm actually looking forward to Christmas at my Grandparent's house tomorrow. I usually get the free calculator from AAA.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a casserole dish and rubber spatulas off our wedding registry... not a horrible gift by any means, I just like to get the "fun" stuff for Christmas... not practical.
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:10e301a5-3665-43b0-8f95-5cc2285cba4c">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel bad posting here because my sucky gift had a lot of thought put into it, but the thing is, I don't think I can use it. I have to do more research on the product (I have never heard of it before) but I'm pretty sure it's completely useless to me because I don't have wifi and I would have to purchase the required add-ons.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

What was it?
  • I posted this in the other gifts thread, but check out my super new sad clown.

We also got a dish shaped like a mouse, two things that I think are vases but I honestly have no idea, and some gardening gloves.  We live in a town house with no yard or garden.  All from Scott's mom.
  • WTF Kim? Ha!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:735a963b-d745-4361-a24e-e4ad08f5bb0a">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts! : What was it?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    A Kyros touchscreen internet tablet for Android. It's by Coby...

It says it's for Android... I don't have an Android, do I need one of those? I have a million and one questions about it, but as far as I know, they're only sold on Amazon and HSN, so there is no one who can give me professional answers. I'm so confused lol.
  • Wow I have never heard of that thing Fated!
  • I hate couples gifts unless it's pictures.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:28e82079-2292-45fe-8739-44d67b4ee071">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow I have never heard of that thing Fated!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    Me neither, lol. I had no idea what it was when I first opened it. Then I figured I could just stop off at Best buy with my questions, but, yeah, they don't sell it. And google has been failing me.
    According to the box, I can watch youtube videos, check my e-mail, browse the web, and read "thousands of books."
    But I can do all that with my cellphone...
    I can not for the life of me find out how much the books cost.

Ugh, I'm tempted to admit defeat and mention to my bf that I can't use it. It was his mom who gave it to me, but I feel SO bad doing that because they were so excited to give it to me. And because I know they got it from amazon or HSN, there is a chance they can't even return it, anyway.
  • I should take video of it, it plays music and spins.

here's the mouse.

I guess I could see how that's cute... if we ever gave her any indication that that is at all our style.
  • These are funny.

FI's dad and stepmom bought us a gradnfather clock.  We live in an apartment.  Yeah, didn't think that one through too well, I guess.  It looks nice, and I do like them, but it just so doesn't fit our style right now and we have nowehre to put it.  It was the oddest choice for us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:50af5888-b775-435f-8802-1bb05439d20c">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts! : Me neither, lol. I had no idea what it was when I first opened it. Then I figured I could just stop off at Best buy with my questions, but, yeah, they don't sell it. And google has been failing me. According to the box, I can watch youtube videos, check my e-mail, browse the web, and read "thousands of books." But I can do all that with my cellphone... I can not for the life of me find out how much the books cost. Ugh, I'm tempted to admit defeat and mention to my bf that I can't use it. It was his mom who gave it to me, but I feel SO bad doing that because they were so excited to give it to me. And because I know they got it from amazon or HSN, there is a chance they can't even return it, anyway.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks! Sorry :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:8ea6e2a2-e48c-48ff-afb3-21716c60a15d">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't a sucky gift exactly, but I was a little...sad/disappointed/I don't know with a couple of my gifts. Most revolved around babies, which would have been fine later in the pregnancy but I'm still very paranoid/worried so it wasn't "oh yay!" like others things would have been. Sil also bought us 3 houses, 2 characters and trees for a Christmas village. While part of me was excited because they aren't cheap, the other part of me really wanted to pick out our Christmas village ourselves and it's not exactly the look I would have decided on. We'll use them and I'll be grateful, but it kind of took the fun out of putting together our village piece by piece. I know that sounds bratty but I don't know how to better describe it.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it sounds bratty, I understand how you feel. My PFMIL already hinted to me that she plans on giving me these particular ornaments when my bf and I get married. We have opposite tastes, me and her. More importantly, I would much rather my bf and I pick out our own decorations. But I'll smile, say thank you and use them when she comes over lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:87781c79-8706-4d16-a7f9-481e5a0db6d9">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should take video of it, it plays music and spins. here's the mouse. I guess I could see how that's cute... if we ever gave her any indication that that is at all our style.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Oh that's really cute but if it isn't your style...
  • Tim's grandparents gave us a package opener which is really just a fancy box cutter. They also think my name is Gem. The card they gave us says "Tim and Gem" on the front. I laugh hysterically every time I look at it. I love them both to death.

Oh shiit, and I also got my period for Christmas. FML.
    imageimage
  • Me too Duds! I shuddered even when I saw the picture.
  • Jen that is hilarious= Gem!  I also got a package opener from my mom as a stocking stuffer. My H thinks it's pretty neat!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-sucky-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4122f45-8da8-4fb1-9f9b-b515e607b298Post:10154cfd-dcf6-475b-abd3-c29f63c728e0">Re: Tell me about your sucky gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Oh shiit, and I also got my period for Christmas. FML.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    lol me too! So annoying...
  • I really REALLY wanted to wrap the clown back up and give it to my brother just to be creepy but I think Scott felt bad for his mom so he said to give it too Goodwill.  Lame.
  • Ugh, I can't imagine if I unwrapped a surprise clown. ::shudder::
  • What about a surprise clown that spins and plays music?  Huh?  
  • My mom also gave me cocoa that has 17 grams of fat per serving. I will bew giving that to someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards