Military Brides

And... just like that everything is a cluster again

I was really excited to finally have things a little figured out -- at least FI Aircraft and his next base. I was under the impression that his training would take place at his next base, so was he. Well I/We just learned tonight that its not .. and its 6 mos long so he will be training up to and prob a few weeks after the wedding....

We have to wait until next week when he will receive his report dates to learn more. So we are back at square one --- we may not even be able to keep our date...... we are pretty sure we are okay but I wont feel okay until we get those leave papers approved.
This also reopens the issue of moving ---

I have to remember that God has a plan for us and that it may not be the same as my plan but thats okay.  I just need to repeat this to myself a million more times!

Re: And... just like that everything is a cluster again

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of those reminders for you that nothing is ever set in stone, and never make any assumptions with the military.  I'm sorry to hear that, it really stinks.  The hardest thing for me with the military is just the constant not knowing and waiting for more info.  I went through this from December of last year all thr way through when H finally got deployed.  We had to wait to find out his new station, when we could move, if/where he would have training, when he would be deployed, etc, so I definitely can feel for you.  Good luck, and just think what a relief it will be when you finally are married and in your new home and done with all of this!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    beach I dream of that day --- and I wish my family would realize that this big traditional wedding has become increasingly difficult... My FI David wants to have this wedding for our families but at this pt I just want to be with him -- take the easy way out haha and keep a little bit more of my sanity
    edited December 2011
    Oh trust me, I know the feeling.  I thought this day would never come.  But sadly, just as soon as it all ended, it's all starting up again with future deployments and PCS because of changes coming up for his station.  I know it's beyond frustrating, but just try not to let yourself get too upset over things you and your FI can't control.  It only makes you more stressed, with nothing you can do to change the situation. 

Once you get the dates of his training, check into his leave and go from there.  If he will have 2 weeks or so between when he finishes training and he has to report to his next station maybe you can push the wedding until then.  I can promise you though that you can make any changes and still plan a kickass wedding in that time.  We planned our entire thing in 5 months after we changed the date and had an amazing wedding if I do say so myself. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beach - everything is planned and everything can be changed the problem lies with finding another date that works for them all.
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately thats the military. I had to change the dates for my leave for our wedding and honeymoon at least 6 times!! Just be confident that the military will take care of you. If you have to change dates, is that really the end of the world? I completely understand about wondering if the big wedding is worth it? I felt that way for a while. If you really don't think it'll bother you, JOP it. but if you're like me and FI, we knew that we would regret not having our families there. Thats why we decided to have our smaller more low key wedding. Maybe if you have to change dates and stuff you could change from a big traditional wedding, to a smaller wedding. Sorry this wasn't much help! It'll all work out in the end, I promise!!!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    My best advice for changing is just calling all of your vendors and getting a list of available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in the months you have available.  Then compare all the lists.  You may have to go a little untraditional, like with a Sunday wedding, but they are getting more common now.  Hopefully you can find a date that works with all of them, but if not then maybe your cheapest deposit can be lost and find someone else.  Good luck.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    *UPDATE* -- FI got his dates and our Wedding Day looks like it should work although he wont be able to apply for leave until 2 months before... hoping thats enough time to get leave and things settled....

Still no idea where we are going to live after the wedding -- he'll have a couple months left with training and I dunno if I should move there or our more perm. place

oh and he told me via a text message to check out his goggle calender because its been updated... which really upset me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards