Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Profile Event Center

I've been looking at the Profile Event Center in Minneapolis for a winter wedding. Unfortunately, I will need a different site for ceremony and photos. Anyone out there have any suggestions near the PEC that would work? I have my own officiant and prefer not a church. Or does anyone have any suggestions for another venue with the same feel as PEC? Any/all help is needed. I'm not good at any of this :

Re: Profile Event Center

• Options
    You can do a ceremony at PEC. That's what we're doing. It's not ideal for me though because I didn't really want both in the same room but unfortunately we couldn't find anywhere in the area to only hold a ceremony. Most places require a reception or are super expensive. I feel like I looked everywhere! Fort Snelling Chapel might work for you though. I was looking into it but they only had the earlier time slot open (11-2). I didn't want to have a big gap between the ceremony and reception and the 4-6 time slot wasn't open (though that was borderline too late for what I really wanted). But it's the only place I could find that was decently priced and didn't require a reception.

As for photos, I'm thinking we will do them outside still but go for a more architectural look since things won't be pretty outside yet on March 23. There are tons of places in MSP that would work! I can't think of names off the top of my head other than the Stone Arch Bridge area though. I'll try to think of more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Yeah being it will be December I really don't see myself wanting only outdoor pics. On top of it we have a large wedding party. Ugh, I hate all this planning stuff but thank you for the Fort Snelling suggestion. Ill check it out!
  • Options
    I had the same problem. PEC in January.. I settled for an inhouse ceremony because there was no other options!! Plus, with winter weather it will be reassuring that everyone isn't traveling all over..:)
  • Options
    I had the same problem. PEC in January.. I settled for an inhouse ceremony because there was no other options!! Plus, with winter weather it will be reassuring that everyone isn't traveling all over..:)
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm of no help with the ceremony site. We had an outdoor wedding, but before I found our outdoor venue, I felt like I had looked EVERYWHERE for a ceremony only venue. The only indoor location I found was Woodbury Park, but it's a bit of a drive from there to the PEC.

It ended up raining most of our wedding day, so my girls and I did most of our pictures in the PEC, and they turned out great! There are some neat locations and backgrounds at the PEC for photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards