Knottie of the Week - Katanne9

1.  Your Name & your Other Half's Name!

2.  Your Wedding Date

3.   Your Wedding Colors

4.  Your Age - His Age

5.  Honeymooning where?

6.  Does your wedding have a theme?

7.  How did he propose?

8.  What do you think has been your biggest courting challenge as a Christian couple and how have you all overcome it?

9.  Any advice for other couples?

10.  What's your fave wedding movie?

11.  Fave wedding TV show?

12.  How long between the proposal and the wedding?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Knottie of the Week - Katanne9

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Your Name & your Other Half's Name!

Katharine and Brian

2.  Your Wedding Date

August 14, 2010

3.   Your Wedding Colors

Yellow, Green and Blue

4.  Your Age - His Age

24/23

5.  Honeymooning where?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica baby!!

6.  Does your wedding have a theme?

It's summery with a modern vintage feel.

7.  How did he propose?

I will copy from my bio:

Sunday, December 6th was the first real Boston snowfall of the year. All the trees were covered in powder snow. Brian and Katharine went to the Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA, a historic mansion on the North Shore of Boston, now a 2,100 acre reservation. They went under the pretense of a holiday caroling party, but upon arrival decided to walk through the snowy grounds. As they neared the ocean cliffs the snow melted away and they were left on a large grassy lawn on the ocean's edge. Much to her surprise, Brian got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. Shrieking ensued, and an emphatic "YES!". After a long while of crying, jumping, screaming and laughing, they went back to where they first met - their alma mater and rang the bell; a long-standing school tradition for those who have just gotten engaged. The rest of the day was spent in front of the Christmas tree with hot chocolate, calling family and friends.

8.  What do you think has been your biggest courting challenge as a Christian couple and how have you all overcome it?

Hmmm, learning to let arguments lie and give them time. Sometimes you need to part a fight knowing you still love each other and give it a day. Letting the sun not go down on your anger doesn't always mean hash it out until the wee hours of the morning.

9.  Any advice for other couples?

Don't forget to have fun with each other. Make each other a priority. Save the best part of yourself everyday for them - not for your job or your obligations.

10.  What's your fave wedding movie?

Father of the Bride! No contest!

11.  Fave wedding TV show?

I always used to come home from school and watch the TLC's A Wedding Story! Is that even still on?

12.  How long between the proposal and the wedding?

Just under 9 months!! It will be just the right amount of time for us!
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome - we got engaged 1 day apart!

Did you all meet in school?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!

Yes, we met at school. We were both on the Freshman Orientation committee. That's how we met. : )
  • DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!!! Your engagement story is sooo sweet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I love the tradition at your alma mater.  When you were in school, did you usually know when someone got engaged (as opposed to the normal ringing of the bell for non-engagement reasons)? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_knottie-of-week-katanne9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ff169026-655f-4132-a7af-c4bd62d0d0cbPost:1acc3412-0bfa-4519-9800-41a5dc88930c">Re: Knottie of the Week - Katanne9</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the tradition at your alma mater.  When you were in school, did you usually know when someone got engaged (as opposed to the normal ringing of the bell for non-engagement reasons)? 
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Haha, well - it was a joke that if you rang it for other purposes you would get cursed with 10 years of singledom. :D
  • edited December 2011

Congrats & thanks for sharing!!

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I think I must have rang that bell at some point in my 20s.  I was single until age 38!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards