Arizona-Phoenix

wedding Planner

Hi Everyone! I am engaged to be married April 2012 .My FI and I do not live in AZ but plan to wed in the Phoenix area. So this will pretty much be a destination wedding.

I was thinking about looking into a wedding planner to help me. Does anyone know about how much they run (cost wise)? Any recommendations ... Im not really sure where to even start with this whole thing. Thanks for any help you can give. Oh and Congrats to you too!!
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: wedding Planner

• edited December 2011
    I planned my Scottsdale wedding from Maryland.  I found that I didn't need a wedding planner because the event coordinator at our venue is AMAZING and she handles everything we need.  I can't really help with how much they cost, but it might be a good idea for you to make a budget and then look for venues and see if you find one you like that has an event coordinator that is helpful.  Good luck and congrats!
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. You dont really need a planner as long as you pick a good venue.

The venue and date is one of the first things you need to pick. Everything seems to fall into place after that. We booked an all-inclusive package when we got married. It was easy as pie on us!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am working with Be Ward (as a day of coordinator). She is great and in my opinion affordable. Her business is the Wedding Concierge. Hope this helps.
  • nautlikeu27nautlikeu27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sherri Lucero from Planned to Perfection and she is wonderful. If you want more information just PM and I'll pass it along. She has been a blessing in helping with everything!
    image 178 Invited so far!
    image 55 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 117 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you soo much ladies! Im gonna get to work.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    There really is a TON of venues that have all inclusive options for fairly reasonable pricing.  A lot less than than a planner from what I priced out and looked into.

I would look into what venues you want before anything else, since if they have a good coordinator or an all inclusive option, it might just make a planner a moot point for you.  One less thing to worry about if it works out that way!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Dr.AcostaDr.Acosta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree-depending on the venue, you may not need one.  I didn't have one for the whole time, but did go with a day o f wedding coordinator because I was concern about things on that day.  I worked with Sweet I Do's-Brandy Blackford is her name.  She was wonderful, helpful, and affordable! 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards