May 2011 Weddings

Random Survey

I'm just curious--no judgement :)  A bunch of people were talking about it at work today and it got me thinking.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Random Survey

• Never have never will. Too many family members have died of lung cancer from smoking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Among a string of bad choices, Me the astmentic smoked once upon a time.

I can tell you the day  quit was the day the dr said to me. "Congratulations, you are going to be a mother"

Have not had an urge since.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • I tried one puff my freshman year of college (that was me "rebelling").  It was the most digusting thing I have ever tasted Blegh!

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: Random Survey:
    I tried one puff my freshman year of college (that was me "rebelling").  It was the most digusting thing I have ever tasted Blegh!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Same here. H used to smoke socially when we first started dating, but I told him I wouldn't kiss him if he had smoked. He quit soon after. Cool
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Never have, never will and I will leave it at that.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    I tried one puff my freshman year of college (that was me "rebelling").  It was the most digusting thing I have ever tasted Blegh!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    This!  I could never date (and didn't date) a smoker.  The smell and taste is just awful.
    Anniversary
  • edited April 2012
    I never have and never will.  

I hated smoking even as a child.  I used to threaten to flush my mom's cigarettes down the toilet.  My mom smoked for part of her pregnancy with me, and it gave me some breathing problems.  I'm not going to make them worse.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Nope, never.
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • Me and my sister lit up a cigarette when we were in elementary school to make my mom stop. We told her if she didn't quit we would start to smoke. She said go ahead, give it a try; thinking of course we would cough up a lung and that would be the end of it. I turned green and almost puked. My younger sister took the drag like a champ. Needless to say my mom quit the next day. Other than that never have and never will!

LBV: I am still surprised to learn so many of our peers do smoke. After all the education they have had on how bad it is for you, I just don't get it. My grandma told me when she was pregnant with my mom and had morning sickness the doctor told her to start smoking methanol cigarettes. She didn't even smoke at the time. O how far we have come.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    oh, you all are going to flame me.  And that's okay.

I don't smoke.  It makes me incredibly dizzy so I'm not a fan.

Jay smokes.  He's tried to quit a bunch of times but it never sticks.

This will be the flameful part:  1. I don't care that he smokes.  2. When we go out at night, he'll often go outside for a cigarette and then come back in.  When he comes back, there is something oddly comforting about how he smells.  It's only in that situation - after a day at work I think it's a bit much - but when we're out having a good time, I don't mind one bit.  It reminds me of when we were in college and all the good times.  Yeah, flame me.  It's okay.

I know all the reasons why smoking is bad - you don't have to tell me.

EDIT: Jay smokes about three cigarettes a day - either at work or at a bar - never ever at home.  No way.   Although, I'm sure that doesn't matter.
  • Smoking is disgusting. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I started smoking when I was probably 18, I smoked maybe a pack every 10 days until I was old enough to drink and then when I would go out drinking I was a chain smoker.  In 2008 I quit cold turkey for over 2 years, then I started socially smoking again. Maybe 3 or 4 when we would go out with friends. I was wasting more cigarettes than I was smoking. After our wedding when we started TTC H told me that if I wanted a baby I wouldn't be smoking, my last cigarette was June 20th 2011.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Smoking is disgusting. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly.

and I feel like so many (not all) smokers are quite discourteous when it comes to their smoking habits.  

My grandma died from lung cancer and it floors me that 4 out of 7 of her grandkids have been smokers in their life time (3 still are).  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I'm kinda surprised that no one here smokes regularly.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards