February 2012 Weddings

And the freak-outs begin...

Im 35 days out and the nightmares, to-do lists in my head, everything is in full force. I made the huge mistake of watching the Four Weddings Marathon yesterday and it made me realize its crunch time! Ive gotten all the big things done but am freaking out about the details. AH! Anyone else feel like this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: And the freak-outs begin...

• I am cheating and eloping but I still get stressed about little things sometimes.  I can just say oh well, it is not really important though because it is just me and my FI and all that really matters is getting married.
    If you have all the big things done, you probably have all the important things done and the wedding will go on no matter what!
    Good luck, have fun and enjoy this special time in your life!
    imageAnniversary
  • I woke up this morning, realized that all the holidays are officially over and that we are officially in wedding mode and freaked out. We have all the big stuff taken  care of but I'm definitely stressing over everything! Stressing but SO excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have so much to do yet!  All of the big things are done, now its just all the time-consuming details.  I want the next 34 days to fly by!  I am so excited to marry my best friend! 
  • FutureMrs- we have tons to do, so i've been freaking out as well. Time seems to be going by so fast. My grandmother said last night "Now we can say you're wedding is next month" lol. Next month seems too close!
  • Eek! Next month? I hadn't thought of that yet...I started freaking out last week. This week things have calmed down a bit realizing that I can't control everything. But, it really is soooo soon. 

So many little things to do. I feel like everytime I cross something off the list, I think of something else to add. But, we really are getting there...I tend to stress so I just want to allow myself to enjoy everything, including the hectic excitement.
  • I am feeling all of your emotions!  It is crazy that we will be married soon!  I, along with all of you have all the little things left to do...which can definitely be the most hectic!  It is important that we all support each other, love this!!  Let the tears of stress begin!
  • Started freaking out today! We had to special-order the stamps for invites and they STILL aren't here! Our RSVP day is Jan. 27 so they have to get out ASAP! 

I hadn't thought about the wedding being NEXT MONTH!!! Only 54 more days for me...
  • I officially started to "FREAK OUT" yesterday when I realized that as of then there were 34 days left until the wedding and I only had 9 RSVP's I have emailed, fb, and texted everyone for there responses today. Also not completed is : Paying for the flowers, photographer, picking and paying for linens, and fine tuning all the little details. I dont think I would be prepared even if the wedding was a year away so Im trying to stay relaxed and get it done. Doesnt help though that my partime job that I may get 20 hours on every two weeks decided to give me on avg 28 hours per week this month. How on Earth will I fit this all in pray for me. Cry

i finally found the one!
    blog post photo

• I guess we are all freaking out lol. This must be normal.
  • Im 38 days out. I have all my big details done, and I *think* most of my small ones done as well.  Im a micromanager , I confess. I still need to work on a day of schedule. We have all our deposits in and MOST things paid off.Not enough paid off to make me relax, but most. I feel like theres alot I'm forgetting, but I cant remember what it might be lol. My fil's just realised the wedding is 5 weeks away, "oh hell, its crunch time now" well yea we've been tellin you guys its not too far off. lol It seemed like in their minds it was still 6 months away.But my nerves kicked in last night, 38 days. OMG. haha Oh well, we will all get thru it , right ladies :)
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_freak-outs-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:9d302ba7-6cbb-452b-9702-a0459f4636e6Post:74d87504-e82c-448b-9cf8-f0acabfca8a7">Re: And the freak-outs begin...</a>:
    [QUOTE]FutureMrs- we have tons to do, so i've been freaking out as well. Time seems to be going by so fast. My grandmother said last night "Now we can say you're wedding is next month" lol. Next month seems too close!
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

I defintely didn't think about being able to say "the wedding is next month"...that is SO crazy!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started Freaking out yesterday when I realized that we get married Next Month.  trying to figure out what is going on between now and then is making me crazy! So many people to contact and little things to do and my Fiance is out of town for business for 2 weeks this month which is stressing me out even more!
    February 18th I marry my Best Friend :)
  • freaking out - check!
    nightmares - check!

Thank god for Valium!! :) haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anyone else getting into stupid fights with your FI? We have hardly spoken in 2 weeks and ended up spending New Years apart....:(

Things are fine now but Im worried the stress is really becoming a problem....
  • Nightmare last night: my bouquet was made of out pipecleaners and the bridemaids' bouquets' stems were small Coke bottles. DONT ASK...

and yes, FI and I have been bickering about the stupidest stuff. I think its part my stress and part his realization that he's about to get the ol ball and chain.

One month from today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_freak-outs-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:9d302ba7-6cbb-452b-9702-a0459f4636e6Post:94280cb5-47e2-4a3e-84d9-3409f6740470">Re: And the freak-outs begin...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nightmare last night: my bouquet was made of out pipecleaners and the bridemaids' bouquets' stems <strong>were small Coke bottles. DONT ASK...</strong>and yes, FI and I have been bickering about the stupidest stuff. I think its part my stress and part his realization that he's about to get the ol ball and chain. One month from today!
    Posted by futuremrscoachj[/QUOTE]

Hilarious...I love it!!!! Im not having nightmares but Im sure thats because Im just not sleeping. Im waking up every night/morning at 3 or 3:30 am and am up until I get ready for work at 7 am. You would think I would take advantage of this free time and clean or work out but no such luck. I just lay there and my mind spins out of control. I should have the cleanest house on the block or be so thin and in shape!!!!

Im glad Im not the only one fighting....I have been feeling horrible. Im excited but Im also glad its coming to an end. I would like our lives to have some normalcy again.
  • Thank god, I thought we were the only ones fighting all the time!  Seems like the stress is getting the best of us right now.  :(

I got a lot of stuff done early on, so now it's waiting for the things that we couldn't do, like waiting for the rest of the late RSVP's to come so that we can do the seating arrangements, and finish putting everything together! I think the realization that it's actually happening - soon, is putting a lot of pressure on us to make sure everything is perfect.  Along with the fantastic family drama that seems to come with a wedding.

Ahhh the joys of being a bride.
  • I have a mini wedding meltdown weekly. I'm in fullblown freakout mode now though. The cost has gotten WAY out of control and i feel like we don't even have any decorations! No flowers, no linens (except the plain white ones that come with the venue), no centerpieces. I want to scream! We have 36 days to figure out how we are going to decorate this wedding for free (or close to it) because we are waaaay over budget! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • one project at a time. period. work one thing through before moving onto the next. and be realistic about what you are willing to undertake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 46 days to go. Yes I'm freaking out. Ready for it to be over with. Totally ready to Marry him but just hoping it all goes perfectly
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • feels better already just knowing that I am not the only one :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards