Minnesota
Options

Northern Minnesota Theme

My fiance and I are looking at having an outdoor wedding and indoor reception in the summer of 2012 with a Northern Minnesota wedding theme. Our colors are forest green with cobalt blue and goldenrod yellow as accents.  We both love being outdoors and are from the area so thats why we decided on the theme.  What are some ideas for decorations like center pieces that would fit our theme but still look classy? We were also wondering if the colors are too plain for the wedding since they are the colors that surround someone when they are outdoors in Northern MN.  

Re: Northern Minnesota Theme

• Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those colors sound wonderful!  I have seen really nice centerpieces with flowres and burlap sacks. You could do candles and lanterns like an old time feeling and the darker color of the lanterns would give you a rustic feel.

Try the reception or DIY boards. they might have some great suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mason/canning jar decor is a big theme I've seen as far as going the outdoorsy way. I went to a wedding last weekend and they had silk hydragous in a large mason jar for centerpeices, and then all beverages were served in a mason jar with a little twine wrapped around the mouth with a bow and straw. Napkins had wildflowers to hold them together, homemade caramels in a burlap satchet were the favors.
    Another outdoor wedding had sunflowers as the theme(in Park Rapids, MN). Bushes Baked bean tins held tree branches for centerpeices.
    Your colors sounds really pretty and simple, something you can look back on and love. In my opinion I think keeping decor and theme nature based, natural looking will help pull in the northern MN feel.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice and ideas! I know we are also thinking of maybe having our centerpiece be floating candles in a pillar vase or some sort of bowl shaped vase with nice river rocks on the bottom possibly surrounded by pine bows.  Mason jars are a good idea for that too! There is just so much to think about! 
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks hippolover for the post on the classified board! We are definitely looking into some of those things! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards