Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

"Must Have Pics"??

Evening and Weekend Ladies!!

Question - is there a "must have/take picture" list that you provide to the photog so that you don't forget during the day of the wedding?  The reason why I'm asking is because I think with all the excitement of the wedding day, there will be a lot that can go missing regarding your pics and if you had a "list" to give to your photog(s) at least you know for sure all of your pics were captured.  

So if someone can point me in the right direction that would be splendid.

TIA! Wink

Re: "Must Have Pics"??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you afraid the photographer is going to miss?  Mine asked for a formal shot list since family dynamics vary so much from family to family now days.   An experienced professional should know what to capture throughout the day.

I know mine got a shot of my shoes, rings, dress, flowers, cake, venue, buffet, etc. and then some.  They were constantly taking pictures all night. I don't think there is anything that could have possibly been missed.

If you have concerns though, I would talk to your photographer.  Ask to see all the pictures they shot from a recent wedding. 

I guess another question of mine would be, if you don't trust your photographer to capture everything, then why did you hire them?  And that goes for any vendor.  Please don't take this the wrong way, its just something for you to think about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for taking the time in providing such an informed response to my post. 

However, I wasn't posing the question as though I have doubts about my photog's experience with capturing our event.  I just wanted to make sure I had my head wrapped around what it is I would like to see once the day is over to make sure he captures my vision as well as my hubby's (FYI - we're doing a vow renewal event), that's all.

Again thank you for your response.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry. I truly did not mean to upset you with my post.  I just got the impression that you don't think your photographer will capture everything on your day thus the reason for wanting to provide a list.  A good, professional photographer will know to take pictures during toasts, guest mingling, your decor etc without a list. 

Also (and this is just my opinion) if a photographer is so busy marking off shots on a list then they might miss a great candid moment.  My advice would be to just make your expectations clear to your photographer and a skilled professional should be able to capture your vision.

Again, I'm so sorry if I offended you that was not my intention.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a few of my "must takes"

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynn gave me a list of family shots she would take and then I tweaked it just a little -- like I knew Ben's family would want a few more of his grandmother.

I told her some of the shots that were important to me -- like I knew I wanted a picture of us under the chandelier in the hotel lobby.  And getting Ben's reaction to seeing me was VERY important--but that ended up being made easy since we decided to do a reveal.

I also asked her for a shot of Ben's entire family since we had so many OOT guests, many of whom may never be in Texas again.

We discussed this before the wedding and she included these requests in her final list to me--we probably finalized it a week or so before the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for replies, they are most helpful.

Ewinkler1977 - I wasn't upset at all and again I did appreciate your input I just wanted to make sure you didn't think a true knottie like me would ever sign a contract with a vendor if I had doubts about their ability - huge knottie no-no...LOL!  You point about having a list for the photog to 'check off during the event' could make him miss some great moments is a great tip to consider.  So that gives me some food for thought.

Jay+Marissa - those are some great shoots, I love them.  Thanks for sharing those with me.

Stephie - I think your input will help me out alot too meaning if I specifically detail the shoots that mean alot to us prior to the event and make sure the photog has them included in our final contract, we should be good.

These are all very helpful tips for me and I do appreciate each of your input.

Alf  Smile
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I told Lynn "make sure you get a shot of my table, my flutes, my cake," and she just laughed at me!  But telling them specific things that are important to you is helpful. I would much rather mention it than not mention it--I see so many brides saying, "I wish we had gotten this, etc." and I didn't want that happening to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards