Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

It's monday and I hate Christmas shopping.

I think thats enough said. 

Re: B&M Monday

• It's SLOW and quiet at work, and that in turn makes it hard to be motivated to be productive!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-103?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0bf4cf20-815c-48d0-8ef8-3a8d6f22f704Post:99ffafa9-3cf2-4778-9fc7-7d82f129831a">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's SLOW and quiet at work, and that in turn makes it hard to be motivated to be productive!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here!!! </div><div>
    </div><div>Kathleen- re: Christmas shopping. I still haven't gotten my ornaments for the exchange since I was making things and then out of town at a wedding this weekend, and I'm REALLY not looking forward to going shopping after work :(</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I do my Christmas shopping online, usually in late October to early November. I've had to stop in to get little stocking stuffers here and there, but I avoid crowds at all cost. Also convenient that my job has me so busy in December that I don't have time to shop. Our phones at work are super quiet today, and it is a welcome change from how insane the rest of the month was.

I am sitting in my office, sans makeup on my face, super sleepy. Bourbon decided he wanted to play (read: chew on me) til about midnight before he passed out. He was up at 4:30 ready to go out and play (read again: chew on me) until 5:45. He woke me up at 7am cause he fell off the bed and couldn't make it back in, and Daddy wasn't waking up to help. I love how FI is the one who begged for a new puppy, and I am the one taking care of him. I feel for my mom, who went through that with me when I was little and absolutely had to have a new puppy too.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • @Kristan-Yea. Count me in on people who have yet to get their ornaments yet. 

I'm going to try to get by Joann's during the day today or maybe Hobby Lobby after FI and I go talk to the manager at the apts. 

We were going to get pre-qualified, but they just told me that it only lasts for 60 days...I can't make a decision that fast so we're going to go see what will happen if we need to break our lease. Otherwise, the pre-qualifying will have to wait until March.
  • I haven't gotten my ornaments yet because I MOVED IN WITH FI this weekend!!!  We're all unpacked and it feels like home.  HOWEVER...  My B&M is as follows

Time Warner Cable insinuated that my fiance was lying when he said no one ever showed up to install our cable on Friday and now we have to wait until Wednesday and take work off AGAIN to hopefully get cable and internet.  AND...

My movers broke my washing machine and didn't tell me.  We figured it out on our own on Sunday.  Hopefully the company will do the right thing and reimburse us. 

Looking forward to tomorrow night though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KHolly -- Yeah, you can look forward to a lot more of that with TWC.  They are the only provider we can have in our apartment complex and they suuuuuuck, especially in the customer service dept.

My B&M are all the lovely people who couldn't figure out how to not drive like a moron during rush hour tonight.  I guess there was a big accident on 75 so a bunch of people were trying to take side streets.  This person drove in front of me in the right lane for about a mile with their right turn signal on.  They didn't start to get in the right turn lane at a big intersection where I was going to turn right, so I started getting in it myself, and of course they nearly hit me and they cussed me out like that was my fault as they attempted to quickly swerve into the right turn lane.  I should have innately realized THAT was the right turn you actually did intent to make.  />.>  Then another guy less than 1/4 a block down the road decided to pull out from a parking lot right in front of my car.  Hi, it's raining... roads are wet...which makes it hard for people to stop on a dime to avoid your stupid driving decisions!  @#%$&amp;$%

We learned in driving school to always commit to what you're doing.  If you are in the wrong lane going into an intersection, you don't swerve all the way across the lanes to get in the correct lane.  Instead, you have to continue on how you are and back track.  If you realize you're taking the wrong exit midway up the exit ramp and you realize it's wrong, you don't swerve back onto the highway.  Why does no one drive like this anymore?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Driving 8 hours for an interview, only to be told there's nothing currently available, really effing blows.

Also, I am just getting to a computer.
    Anniversary

• Oh no! That's terrible! 

You'd think they would have told you that...oh idk..when you applied?
  • Ugh.  I guess it was a misunderstanding, like, "I'll be in town, so can we meet?" when in actuality, my main reason for coming, aside from a few hours with my husband, is to procure employment.

Grr.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards